Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are getting a kitten! (pic!)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have been waiting over a year for this! I'm so excited! SO has never really been an animal person but he discovered Savannah cats (hybrid cat- domestic cat bred with an African Serval) We've been doing tons of research on Savannahs, breeders, ect. We joined several Savannah rescue groups/websites but they rarely show up there & if/when they do they go FAST. Which is great for the cat, not so great for us. Please spare me the "you could spend the money on a shelter cat". I know this & it breaks my heart that SO wont consider any other cat. But its his money being spent, he is the one making the call.

*Btw-I do donate money every paycheck to help transport dogs/cats from the high kill facility in my home town to animal shelters around the U.S. & to help these animals get the vet care they need so they can be transported. I DO try to do my part & help out those in need.

We found this guy, fairly certain we are naming him Mufasa. I thought if he is bred with an African Serval he deserves a strong, more exotic name. (Mufasa is the dad in Lion King in case you dont recognize it. lol) He is a F4 Savannah male & was born 11/11/11. :D We've been talking back & forth to the breeder talking about how old the kittens are, payment methods, contracts, ect, and SO finally told me tonight that he sees no reason why we cant get this one. I told the man that we are buying him from that we will call to chat with him over the phone on Thursday & we plan on telling him then that we officially want him & discuss making the payment, getting contracts signed, ect.

I'm so excited. I cant wait to snuggle with this little (big) guy!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KillerQueenRa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Mufasa is handsome :) I'm so glad he has a good home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this
How cute I want one sooooooo bad a local shelter had several. A while back but I couldn't convince dh we have several cats. But I will have one someday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful cat!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KillerQueenRa:

Mufasa is handsome :) I'm so glad he has a good home!

Thank you. :) My four year old is so excited. Even before we found Mufasa he'd beg to go into Petco & look for toys for our cat.. that we had yet to even find.lol I showed him a picture of Mufasa tonight & he said, "Mom! I'm so excited! You gotsta tell peoples, thats our cat. You can't snatch him cause he is going to be happy with us!" lol

lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Quoting Fields456:

How cute I want one sooooooo bad a local shelter had several. A while back but I couldn't convince dh we have several cats. But I will have one someday

Really? Its rare to find one in a shelter. Most breeders have you sign a contract saying if you cant keep the cat for whatever reason (allergies, moving, ect) to contact them & send the cat back to the breeder. But I guess there are the occasional few who make it to shelters, sadly.

SOCO101
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM

WOW! He's beautiful! Congrats!!

Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 AM
A breeder got in over his head N had to take them to the shelter. It's a no kill. They had like 10 or so

Just looked they were bengals not Savannah's but I love all the hybrid cats

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Fields456:

Really? Its rare to find one in a shelter. Most breeders have you sign a contract saying if you cant keep the cat for whatever reason (allergies, moving, ect) to contact them & send the cat back to the breeder. But I guess there are the occasional few who make it to shelters, sadly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Oh wow, thats crazy! Glad they at least took them to a no-kill.

Quoting Fields456:

A breeder got in over his head N had to take them to the shelter. It's a no kill. They had like 10 or so

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting Fields456:

lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Quoting SOCO101:

WOW! He's beautiful! Congrats!!

Thank you. We are all super excited. :)

mamaxkitty
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 AM

LUCKY! He's beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)