Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outfits HELP!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm going shopping this weekend and I really want to get a few new outfits.. I'm REALLY bad at finding stuff that is good for my body type.. I'll try to post a few pics, but could anyone give me any ideas/websites/pics of things that would look good on me? Thanks!!!

BTW I'm about 175 lbs and 5'4" so I'm a little on the heavier side..

ignore my face lol.. I was showing off the dress..

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

BUMP!

lenoxclan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I'm seriously lucky if I manage to match when I get dressed..lol So I dont think Im someone to take advice from...BUMPS for you!

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

thanks for the bump =).. lol

Quoting lenoxclan:

I'm seriously lucky if I manage to match when I get dressed..lol So I dont think Im someone to take advice from...BUMPS for you!

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

BUMP!

boogan1112
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM

AHHHH i just wrote this huge thing for you and then my computer erased it!! Grr, ok here we go again. Basically..

1. For tops- go for a v-neck, it will elongate your neck and entire body

2. For pants find a pair that creates a striaght line from your hip to the floor, like a trouser style. It draws attention away from the hips and thighs creating a longer and leaner leg line.

3. For an outfit- the most fitted part should be at the waist, which is the smallest part of your body. This creates an illusion and makes you look even slimmer.

4. Say bye bye to black, go for color- head to toe black is not necessarily slimming, it can actually make you look bigger. break it up with color, people will focus on the color rather than the way you body looks

5. Lastly- make sure it fits! If clothing is too tight or too loose, it will make you look bigger than you actually are. If you question something while trying it on, don't get it. You should feel good about it and be comfortable. Also move around when you try things on, sit down, stand up, reach for the sky. If at any point it feels uncomfortable, don;t get it.

PS, sizing is different for every label. don't force yourself to fit into something because its "your size." try the next size up if you need to, its just a number!!

hope this helps :) I'm addicted to these style shows on tv haha

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

This definately helps! Thank you! I'll try to remember that, I have a hard time with finding my size (mostly because my dh likes SUPER TIGHT SKINNY JEANS) and truthfully Idk if I like the way I look in them because of my hips being soo big.. do you have any picture ideas so I can have an idea in my head lol, THANKS!!!!!

Quoting boogan1112:

AHHHH i just wrote this huge thing for you and then my computer erased it!! Grr, ok here we go again. Basically..

1. For tops- go for a v-neck, it will elongate your neck and entire body

2. For pants find a pair that creates a striaght line from your hip to the floor, like a trouser style. It draws attention away from the hips and thighs creating a longer and leaner leg line.

3. For an outfit- the most fitted part should be at the waist, which is the smallest part of your body. This creates an illusion and makes you look even slimmer.

4. Say bye bye to black, go for color- head to toe black is not necessarily slimming, it can actually make you look bigger. break it up with color, people will focus on the color rather than the way you body looks

5. Lastly- make sure it fits! If clothing is too tight or too loose, it will make you look bigger than you actually are. If you question something while trying it on, don't get it. You should feel good about it and be comfortable. Also move around when you try things on, sit down, stand up, reach for the sky. If at any point it feels uncomfortable, don;t get it.

PS, sizing is different for every label. don't force yourself to fit into something because its "your size." try the next size up if you need to, its just a number!!

hope this helps :) I'm addicted to these style shows on tv haha

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

BUMP!

samanthaleah84
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I like Gap Curvy Fit Jeans. They look good on me and I am a little heavier then you. I have HUGE hips. I have been wearing them since I was a size 4 and now at a size 14, they still look, feel, and fit the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM

never heard of them, definately going to check them out now.. =)

Quoting samanthaleah84:

I like Gap Curvy Fit Jeans. They look good on me and I am a little heavier then you. I have HUGE hips. I have been wearing them since I was a size 4 and now at a size 14, they still look, feel, and fit the best!

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)