Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this weird to you?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
Last night chris got an email tmfrom chases friends dad. He said Jackson always talks about chase and wants to have him come over. Okay. Cool. Chase will like that. So chris emails him back and says that he can call me and set it up. He calls me first thing this morning and first starts talking about how he's recently divorced. Then he asks when I could have chase over. He said Jackson gets out if karate at 4:30. I told him anytime would be fine and we agreed on 5ish. I told him I would just like to meet him and talk with him a few minutes. He says that fine and then invites me to stay for dinner. I said "okay let me talk to my husband, he will probably want to come too, is that okay?" he said "well. Um. Okay. Um. I guess that. Is.... Fine..." I just felt awkward the way he said it. He seemed like a nice guy. But I don't know. How would you feel. I'm just so paranoid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BrittniMoyer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

i think he was trying to be nice and offer you dinner, maybe he didn't have enough food for both your husband and you.

ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM

This is what I am thinking as well. 

Quoting BrittniMoyer:

i think he was trying to be nice and offer you dinner, maybe he didn't have enough food for both your husband and you.

mom_of_one_2010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
I would be paranoid cuz the way he acted about you bringing your husband
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
No not weird. Sounds like he either realized he may have come across like he was coming on to you bc you brought up your dh(kinda like ohh crap I hope she doesn't think I'm flirting I didn't mean it like that) or possibly he just wasn't prepared for an extra person to feed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Men are not gonna want a married woman over for dinner just to talk and have a meal.. especially when she asked if her hubby can be there and he acted like that? Its not a food shortage, he wants some bootay!

Quoting BrittniMoyer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Ahhh! Lord y'all! I don't know what to think or do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittniMoyer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM

along with being nice and offering you dinner( what i said earlier) maybe he could of wanted some girl advice/someone to talk with, i honestly doubt that he wants to get with you and threaten his son's and your son's friendship. My family is like that, we will invite friends parents over to eat even if my dad weren't home/ vise versa especially if we are close.

Quoting tiffstud:

Ahhh! Lord y'all! I don't know what to think or do!

"What you do makes a difference. We should never simply write ourselves

off and see ourselves as the victim of various forces. It's always our

decision who we are."

j.patzer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM

it sounds kinda like he was hitting on you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)