• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did anyone try at home remedies to increase or start contractions?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 17 Replies
If so what did you use? and how did it work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbank67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM
My friend came & rubbed the back of my ankles.. I got the most intense contractions ever, I had her in less than a week when my dr said I would go over 40 I had her at 38 3days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
308_mom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
My daughter feels/is extremely low in the doctor told me the pain I been havin I'm in the beginning stages of labor but they will not do anything to try speeding it up until I hit 39 weeks.

Quoting kbank67:

My friend came & rubbed the back of my ankles.. I got the most intense contractions ever, I had her in less than a week when my dr said I would go over 40 I had her at 38 3days

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SB2217
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I tried cumin seed tea and cinnamon stick tea but it didn't help.
I would get contractions when DH would rub my back but nothing that would actually go into labor.
Sex didn't help either. Although baby was very low for weeks so we couldn't do much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Walk ALOT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Aside from patience and letting your body do what it needs to, walking, nipple stimulation, and rocking on an exercise ball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 AM
And anything you do won't make her body go into full labor if it isn't 100% ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I'm due in the next 9 days. Trying nipple stimulation and walking. Nothing so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittniMoyer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Castor oil, not sure it did anything, i started bleeding a little the next day and had to go to the hospital, it was the day i was supposed to be induced.

i.m.r.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
If I had known about the nipple stimulation I would have tried that lol. But there wasn't much we could try. We did do some massages and teas (I can't remember which though) and spicy food (only once though because it gave me severe heartburn) and we couldn't have sex so yeah, it sucked lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I ate pineapples drank raspberry leaf (hot) tea... and walked ALOT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)