Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's with the violence?!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this
I, for one, am sick and tired of seeing all of these posts/replies saying that women would hit their men. What hell? Why is it ok for YOU to smack, punch, kick, or otherwise injure your SO? Just because you have a vag? Well screw that theory. Outside of play wrestling, or actual self defensive protection, you have no more right to lay your hands on him than he does you. And we all know if your SO was posting online that he would slap you or kick your ass for some infraction, he'd be in trouble.

Stop the double standard.
It's not ok for you to be posting like you're all hard and bad ass, especially if you'd be attacking any man who said the same things you do...

I'd wager that 90% of us couldn't take the man we're with down without a weapon in our hands, and some seriously dirty fighting. So why act like we walk around bitch slapping our men everytime they screw up? Either there's a lot of liars in here, orrrr a lot of girls have anger issues and are tied down to a group of pussy ass boys who can't stand up to their women.

And it's not just female on male issues, either. I see posts about, "I'd have kicked her ass!" often, too. And honestly, girls, if there were as many ass whoopin's being passed out as are implied, this group would be on the news more. And why is it always a matter of resorting to violence anyway? Someone says something immature, so you wanna claw their eyes out? Overkill much? Damn. Get a grip on yourselves!

(DISCLAIMER)
***If the shoe doesn't fit, don't put it on. If this doesn't apply, then don't get offended. If it does, instead of getting offended, maybe you should examine yourself.***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Lol I know right?

I'd only hit my DH if he hit first and he knows it LOL! We don't have a violent relationship though- not even close!

<3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandraberke
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I smack my husband all the time, lol mamma likes it rouph! oh not what ur talking about :)
SILENCE THE VIOLENCE,INCREASE THE PEACE! GIVE HUGS,DONT BE THUGS! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM
I know I sometimes say that but in rl i would never actually do it. I did however tell my husband yesterday "oh yeah! Well, I hope you step on a Lego." then he shamed me by saying "you got that off cafemom didn't you?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
2 moms liked this

stevynjjsmoma

I agree with this 100%!

ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM
LOL well put! I would like to think that I could kick some girls ass but know that i would/could never do that one cuz I'm not going to put myself into that position and I'm not about to go to jail and not see my kids. As for the hubby/so thing I know for damn straight I couldn't take him with my bare hands LOL we play fight all the time and unless I beef up and start bench pressing 2X my weight I would never be able to take him in my head when we are play fighting I think I can take him but it never works out to my advantage. I end up hurting myself before I get a chance to restrain him haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I agree. Df and i have an understanding, we don't resort to violence. If I'm going to go at him punching, hitting, scratching you best believe he's going to defend himself. And that would hurt a lot more than me hitting him lol. But anyway, we don't hit. We don't smack. We don't punch. We play fight all the time, but if someone get hurt *cough* me *cough* (because I'm a weak wuss lol) it's an accident and whoever did the hurting apologizes immediately. I don't understand thinking it's ok to hit your man but thn being all up in arms when a man hits a woman. Neither is right and neither should ever happen. It's called words. Use them.

*gets off soapbox*

PS just look at amber from teen mom... That's how ok hitting a man is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilesmomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and my hubby has this phrase that he tends to remind me about when I say I'm gonna bulk up so i can beat him up......if you hit like a man you deserve to get hit like a man. So needless to say I don't plan on hitting him in a violent nature any time soon, can have him messing up this pretty face ;) LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JealousGrrl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I so agree!  This stupid double standard that women hide behind is helping to keep us down.  It continues the "oh, I'm a woman, I'm weaker so you can't hurt me." business.  If you have enough balls to hit someone, (man or woman) you have enough to get hit back!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)