Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do? Making amends with crazy aunt.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

When the twins were born my aunt brought my Grandparents to Texas to see them. Most of you probably remember me posting about some of the weird things she did. First, she kept my son's circumsicion ring so she can wear it as a necklace. I believe she had it gold plated or something like that.  When it fell of she woke us all up at 3 am excited that it fell off. She was really possessive of them too. As soon as one of them would cry she would run into my room to get them. She told my uncle (my mom's brother) that my mom came into her dreams to tell her to take them kids because I would be a horrible mom. She then told him that she would have my kids before they are 2. She tried getting us all to go out to eat while she kept the kids. She was packed the whole time they was there. That didn't happen because she acted strange so we never went to eat. She eventually got mad at my Grandpa and left my Grandparents stranded in Texas. I haven't talked to her since then. None of us did for a very long time. I blocked everyone who was associated with her on my FB except for my sister.

My grandma is talking to her again. My Grandma thinks I should forgive and forget. My aunt tried to kids, but was never able too. They tried for years, but she had to get a hysterectomy. So my Grandma says she was just jealous and it was a baby thing. She sent me a long message on FB saying she loved me and she is sorry she hurt me. She wants to be in my life again.

I don't know what to do. She mentioned that being a family again would make my Grandpa and Grandpa happy before they leave this earth. My husband wants nothing to do with her and hates her and I haven't even told him about the message.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haydensmom4610
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I think you should make ammends, but still keep a little distance...

army_wifey_06
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Hmmm that's a tough one. Maybe let her back in your life but only a little. Like don't see her in person just maybe be fb friends? I would still be uneasy having her around the kids since she acted so weird the last time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarfox72
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM
This...

And she sounds a bit nutty I would be worried about my kids safety when she was around or I would be worrying she would take off with them. For your marriages sake I would definitely keep my distance.

Quoting halliebug:

I think you should stay away from her. Honestly, if you and your husband don't see eye to eye, it can cause marriage problems. I think she's not a good thing to be around your family with the behavior you listed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sw33tSom3thing
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Classic guilt trip move to mention making ammends would make someone happy before they pass on. Id be very careful if you decide to...people rarely change. Even if you let her in to your life in small ways without letting her near your children- she can cause a lot of drama from the outside. As someone else had mentioned...if your hubby isnt on board with it- it can cause useless disagreements between you both. Some things just arent worth it and some people need to accept that they shouldnt get a second chance.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Forgive her but don't let her near your babies. I have a really good sense about people, and just reading your post made my skin crawl. I wouldn't trust that woman alone with my kids for 30 seconds. Not to mention the fact that if your husband hates her, its going to do nothing but cause resentment between him and you. good luck momma!

t1gger143
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM
No way. She just doesn't sound safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Quoting t1gger143:

Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Quoting TempestRayne:

Quoting t1gger143:

jessistarr85
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I think you need to sit down with dh and talk to him about this before you decide what next. Is it worth it to make your grandparents happy if it means your marriage suffers?  To me it still sounds to creepy. Trust is a hard thing to earn back, and if it were me, there is no way I could ever trust someone that said things like she would be getting your kids before they turned 2, or had dreams that you were a bad mom, so she needed to have your kids. 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quoting t1gger143:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)