Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he's back...for now

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
So my bio-dad sent me a friend request on fb right now and I don't know how to feel about it :-/ he walked out of my life when I was 1 (maybe 2)yrs old and has popped in and out through letters and phone calls from the time I was about 10 until about 4-5 years ago...I don't have any delusions about him being part of my life now. He's missed out on 25 years of my life and his grandsons lives. I just want to cry right now. What lil girl doesn't want her daddy in her life?! But like I said I have no delusions things will change

Sorry not really much of an anything post just needed to "talk" about it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Sorry.
army_wifey_06
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I'm sorry! :( sounds like my husband's mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Sounds like my mom... She walked out of my life as a baby. A few years ago she decided to friend me on fb. I was very straight forward with her about my feelings, it opened a whole new book of hurt and rejection. I really didn't know it could hurt more as an adult. I'm sorry your going thru this with your dad. (((hugs)))

MLBrown
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Yeah he's...when you think "dead beat" he's the poster boy :-/ never paid child support to my mother. Fathered a boy with another woman then dumped him on my aunts when his mom passed away. And he's semi mentally handicapped and had lots of issues to deal with.

My kids know that their grandpa is my step-dad. I don't think they even know my BF's name! We don't talk about him cuz it makes me want to cry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLBrown
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I think that's what im going to do-have a "talk" with him about this. I think its harder now as an adult now that I have kids. I couldn't.imagine doing something like this to my kids!

Quoting JMKristy:

Sounds like my mom... She walked out of my life as a baby. A few years ago she decided to friend me on fb. I was very straight forward with her about my feelings, it opened a whole new book of hurt and rejection. I really didn't know it could hurt more as an adult. I'm sorry your going thru this with your dad. (((hugs)))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Here's the weird thing... when she contacted me thru fb, I was very blunt and honest with her. I told her for the first time ever how much hurt she had caused me my entire life. How as a mother myself I could NEVER emotionally torture my kids as she did me. I finally had the nerve to stand up for my feelings. And it felt GOOD! She flipped. She went back to the same crap she has been saying and doing to me for the past 30 years. And it hurt, more than it did as a kid. I think b/c as a child I didn't fully understand the things she was saying. But now, I'm at peace with everything. For the first time ever I know this is her. Not me. I can think about her and not want to cry. I hope with everything you can finally have something of a dad in your life, late is always better than never. But, if nothing else, I hope maybe by telling him how you feel openly and honestly you will eventually find that peace. Maybe him contacting you is a blessing?

Quoting MLBrown:

I think that's what im going to do-have a "talk" with him about this. I think its harder now as an adult now that I have kids. I couldn't.imagine doing something like this to my kids!

Quoting JMKristy:

i.love.my.kids.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Sounds like my biological father. He didn't contact any of us until we were over 18. I don't care to talk to him. Haven't met him yet. My mother was a great parent, and did a great job as a single mother to 6 kids. So I feel no need to meet him.. he's a stranger to me. Sad, but life goes on...
Sorry about your father, I hope things for you two start to get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)