Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Same parents

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
If you saw my son & daughter together would you think that they had the same parents?

(I get this question all the time- do they have the same father? The answer is yes. Yes they do)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I wouldn't.

but you have some adorable kids mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I wouldn't, but they are soooo cute! 

My kids all look alike and they have different fathers. It's funny how that works out lol 

TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I don't assume anything. Most people don't know that my oldest isnt biologically dh's.

they do comment on how she doesn't have dh blue eyes and light colored hair like the other 2 do

KNSmommyof2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Awww they are so adorable!!! Actually I think they look a lot alike!! They are soo cute!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

i wouldnt ask or say anything. my kids look a lot alike. Me and my siblings, who are all halves look a LOT alike. and one of my brothers is half mexican and half white.

jazi_1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I think they do look alike. My two boys are the same, one has light skin like me and the other dark skin like daddy and I always get the questions as well. But they both have the same momma and daddy.. BTW your children are adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlyBren
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Oh my goossshh your kids are cute! Your son is going to have to ward off little girls with sticks soon, if he doesn't already!

I wouldn't think on it either way. Their pigmentation is different, but that's not indicative of different genetics in and of itself. Plus kids lighten or darken with age all the time. Going by the small picture, they have very similar facial structure, and babies and toddlers almost universally favour their fathers in the first few years of life, as an evolved mechanism for fathers to be able to recognize their own offspring and thus be more likely to provide for them.

AlyBren
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I have 4 cousins, all 1-2 years apart, who all have the same 2 parents. They're (east) Indian, white, east African and Pakistani, ALL four are radically different looking and all four have radically different hair and skin colours and combinations of features.

OTOH I know people whose kids have different fathers, even of different racial backgrounds, and the kids still wind up looking like clones.

The variability in people, even in families, is amazing.

MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Thanks ladies!! My DH & I are both mixed. My DS favors me while DD favors DH in looks. I get that question a lot from random people. Idk why someone would think its an okay question to ask a stranger but they do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)