Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old DD is a bully :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

She gets notes from class about bossing other kids around and sticking her tounge out at people. She hasn't had any problems in about 2 months, and now today I get told she punched a little boy in the stomach because he was in line before her and lied to her teacher saying he hit her too, when he didn't.

How do I punish this? I have taken things away and explained to her that she wont have any friends if she keeps this stuff up etc.

I don't know what to do!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

BUMP!

sweettigeress
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Take everything away and don't give them back till her behavior starts improving. Including all toys, tv, anything she loves. Make her apologize to the boy in front of you and his mother. 

yayay15
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Try a reward system. If my kids act up they do get time-outs and I take things. They have to earn them back. I also have a prize box and when they are good, they get a prize.

So, for example they acted up at our gym daycare last week. I took some things and my oldest son didn't have any privileges that day. We went back a week later And since he was good twice he got a prize today. If he continues in this path he will get to see a movie next week.

Rewarding works a lot better for my kids. They have something to work toasted and it's positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
Toasted should be toward...lol

Quoting yayay15:

Try a reward system. If my kids act up they do get time-outs and I take things. They have to earn them back. I also have a prize box and when they are good, they get a prize.

So, for example they acted up at our gym daycare last week. I took some things and my oldest son didn't have any privileges that day. We went back a week later And since he was good twice he got a prize today. If he continues in this path he will get to see a movie next week.

Rewarding works a lot better for my kids. They have something to work toasted and it's positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesleysMom0627

I hate to say it but maybe for a while you should "bully" her.  Not much just enough to show her how it feels to be picked on. When my nephew started being a bully we did things like taking his toys from him when he was playing with them or softly smacking him on his head and pushing him around and calling him names like cry baby and sissy. After a whole day of us "bullying" him we sat down with him and asked him how he felt today. when he said he didnt like how he was treated that day we explained to him thats how he was making the other kids feel. He never did it agian.

yayay15
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I also have not given my son back his favorite toy that i took. He has to show me that he has changed before I will give it back. It's been working for me. It also worked for the school when he was acting up at the beginning and we having had a probl since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I'm glad it worked for your nephew. I don't want to try it with my DD, just incase it backfires and she does those things to the kids at school.

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

I hate to say it but maybe for a while you should "bully" her.  Not much just enough to show her how it feels to be picked on. When my nephew started being a bully we did things like taking his toys from him when he was playing with them or softly smacking him on his head and pushing him around and calling him names like cry baby and sissy. After a whole day of us "bullying" him we sat down with him and asked him how he felt today. when he said he didnt like how he was treated that day we explained to him thats how he was making the other kids feel. He never did it agian.

CafeMom Tickers
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Right now she is in her room for the night, no TV, no games no anything. She can come out for dinner and bath..and then back in her room. I'm hoping she gets very bored of playing alone, and then I will tell her that's how it will be if she keeps being mean and has no friends left to play with. She has apologized to the boy and I did to his mother.

Quoting sweettigeress:

Take everything away and don't give them back till her behavior starts improving. Including all toys, tv, anything she loves. Make her apologize to the boy in front of you and his mother. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)