Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE THIS DOCTOR! Update

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so livid that I am literally shaking right now. DD has had a rash down there for about 2 weeks. DH is a doctor so he has been 'treating' it. Basically he just had a colleague write a script for DD and I got it filled. I have been putting it on Brinley for about 2 weeks and NOTHING has happened. DH looked at her again this morning and told me that it was time to take her to the pediatrition so we could get some swabs done and they could send it to pathology. He calls and gets us in this afternoon so that the results will be back before the weekend.

Let me preface this next part by saying that we NEVER go to the pediatritian any more. If she ever has a cold or ear infection, my husband just treats her. We get there, and he (pedi) is just acting really really cold to me the whole time. He looks at Brinley's rash and then asks me if she has spent the night away from home at all prior to the rash. I said that she did stay with my sister and bro-in-law over night while DH and I went to Atlanta for a medical conference. He backs his chair up and I pull her panties back up and he heads towards the door. The next thing I know, he come back in the room and has 3 nurses with him, a stack of papers, and a whole bunch of q-tip things and a little speculum. He throws the papers in my lap and tells me sign them because I need to consent to let him do a sexual abuse kit on her. He then tells me that if I refuse to sign the papers that he is going to call CPS. I start balling and I am desperatly trying to get service on my phone so I can call DH to come over there. We were in the same freaking hospital building as the ER. Somewhere during my panic I DO sign the stupid papers. Before I know it, they rip Brinley out of my arms, pull off her pants and start to hold her down like a freaking animal. She is screaming and crying and so am I. I am begging them to just stop and let me call John. At least let him be there with me for this. They would not even wait a second. They just took over. I finally got some signal and called John. He was there in like 3 minutes (he was just downstairs). Of course when he gets there they are done torturing Brinley. The pedi tells me that her hymen is intact (DUH!!!) and that he does not suspect any sexual trauma. DH at this point is enraged! I really thought that they were going to get in to a fist fight right there in the office. When it was all said and done the idiot did not even take swabs to send to patholgy!!!!!!!!!! He had his mind set on the fact that she had been abused and did not even do what we were there for. He wants me to come back tomorow after she is 'calm' to let him do the swabs. I'm not taking her within 100 yards of that man EVER again! DH called the medical licensing board and made an incident report. I am so pissed right now I can hardly see straight. Plus, I still do not know what is wrong with her. Today made me realize why there is such a large amount of people that say that do not trust doctors. At this point my husband is the only doctor I will ever trust again. Poor Brinley. She is honestly traumatized.

Update

DH just called. The licensing board called him a few minutes ago to tell him that Brinley was NOT the first incident that has been reported regarding this ass wipe of a doctor. They have had 4 other complaints very similar to ours. They told DH that his license is being temporarily suspended till he can go for review. Thank God! I hope he gets crucified by the board!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JADIEBUG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

How horrible! Good for your husband for reporting that Pedi!

Have you changed diaper or wipe brands? My son had a rash that creams were not touching and it ended up the wipe brand I was using was causing it.

BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

OMG, I don't even know how you went through that! I would have been calling the police etc.

Poor Brinley! How old is she? I hope this doesn't affect her for her entire life. I would seriously be pressing charges or something! How could anyone violate a child like that! I would have let them call CPS!

nikki32230
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Wow, that's fucking outrageous! Good thing your hubby reported him, that guys shouldn't be treating children!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyuteangl88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Wow, good for reporting it! Have you tried coconut oil?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Wow.. id have wanted to punch that doctor in the facea. I can't even imagine what you two just went through!
I'm glad your husband reported that doctor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I'm really ill over this post! I really can't imagine how you feel! I would feel as though someone just DID sexually abuse my poor child. And in a "supposingly" trusted place too!

missbrinleysmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Brinley is 3.

Quoting BumbleBiasMum:

OMG, I don't even know how you went through that! I would have been calling the police etc.

Poor Brinley! How old is she? I hope this doesn't affect her for her entire life. I would seriously be pressing charges or something! How could anyone violate a child like that! I would have let them call CPS!

sreichelt26
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Good for your dh for reporting him.

Quoting BumbleBiasMum:

I'm really ill over this post! I really can't imagine how you feel! I would feel as though someone just DID sexually abuse my poor child. And in a "supposingly" trusted place too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I would write him and the nurses who did this a letter explaning to them how this has changed your poor daughter and yourself. Add a little more too, just to make them feel like fucking shit! If I lived near you I would seriously go punch the doctor in the face and gladly take the charge! No little girl, or mother should be put through that!

Quoting missbrinleysmom:

Brinley is 3.

Quoting BumbleBiasMum:

CafeMom Tickers
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting nikki32230:

Wow, that's fucking outrageous! Good thing your hubby reported him, that guys shouldn't be treating children!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)