• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fan freaking tastic!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
I pissed off my hubby really bad. I put our 2yr old down for a nap and he started crying. Hubby said "Momma how could you do that... How could you just leave him like that?" Yes he said it as a joke but he also says it every time I say no or I let him cry and it gets old real fast.. add on to the fact that I've gotten about 4hrs of sleep in the last 24hrs. So I said "you know when you say that it makes me want to punch you." Yeah I probably shouldn't have said it and I never would have actually hit him. Well he gets all mad and tells me to just go downstairs. Well he came downstairs, got his shoes and coat on to go to work. He wasn't even going to give his sons a hug goodbye because he was mad at me. I asked for a hug because we normally hug and kiss goodbye and he barely gave me that. So now I'm sitting here bawling. I texted him that I was sorry and I'm guessing he is just going to ignore me since I haven't heard back from him and work is only a minute away and he doesn't start work until 3.

So there goes the rest of my day and I doubt he will call me on his breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Well, I think he kind of has a good reason not too. Tired or not, that is kind of harsh when he prob just thinks he's being cute and teasing you a lil.

nikki32230
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Ugh I'm sorry! Dh and I always say goodbye and give eachother a kiss even if we are so mad at eachother it's the last thing we want to do. It's important to make sure we remember that even when we are fighting we are still loved and love eachother. Maybe talk to him when he gets home and things calm down about how he handles his anger makes you feel.... Sorry he is being a jerk, they all have their moments, hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

PS, if you are that tired and grumpy, then maybe he is just ignoring you because he doesn't want to deal with your tired and grumpy meanie-ness. Not bashing you either, because I get mean when I'm grumpy too, but you can't expect him to just be like OH she's sorry, cool then., KWIM?

Sam.Marie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I understand what you are saying. The thing is even if he says it as a joke I take it a little serious and saying what he said made me feel like a horrible mother and that makes me angry. I have not bitched at him or let my grumpiness show when he is home. For the last month I've gotten 4hrs of sleep at night. I take care of my kids (5,2, and 1month), clean the house, and cook.
He knows that I don't handle those kind of jokes very well yet he continues to make them. So yes I finally said something to him because I couldn't take it anymore. Did I say the wrong thing yeah I did but he also knows I would never act on that.

Quoting BumbleBiasMum:

PS, if you are that tired and grumpy, then maybe he is just ignoring you because he doesn't want to deal with your tired and grumpy meanie-ness. Not bashing you either, because I get mean when I'm grumpy too, but you can't expect him to just be like OH she's sorry, cool then., KWIM?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
My dh can make jokes about me being "lazy" or "not working" etc and it really pisses me off. It makes me feel like I shouldn't be tired and that taking care of the house and his 3 kids while this far along isn't a lot of work. It makes me feel like I have to defend myself. I find it's disrespectful on their part if they know it offends you even if they are joking. He hates it when I "hijack" his fb and say something about his bodily functions and he got extremly pissed and took it out on me. So I'm not doing that to him anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
He will get over it and maybe he will take a hint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovenoahandjeff
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
It's not like you did punch him. Probably hurt his feelings, lol. My husband made the mistake of asking how on earth my day was stressful. Uhh I have a 9 month old teething & starting to cruise and a 34 yr old to look after. But, my bitchy, sleep deprived ass said "I married an idiot" lol.
hope he returns your texts and your night gets better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Um... What? You said
WHEN YOU SAY THAT it makes me WANT to punch you. Not I'm going to fucking punch your lights out. He shouldn't be teasing you when you say no or are having a hard time with your child. Joke or not why is that even going on. Does he not get that he's supposed to back you up? What you said wasn't horrendous. It wasnt great, but you explained you didn't mean it and apologized. He should have gotten over it. Why is he being so pissy? Your not going to answer your phone because I snapped at you? Sounds like something a teen would do. Don't feel bad. You apologized and seriously its not that bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I am sure he will get over it. It will be okay. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM
I don't think its a big deal? Not to ignore you at least, if i tell my so to give me a kiss or he tells me that's the end of a fight or argument. You apologized.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)