• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Sexy and you know it" OMG

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 21 Replies

okay so i dont know how everyone feels about this song...i just recently heard it and it was cool..then i saw the video..OMG so i was at my mother in laws house and she has a 9 year old daughter...who watches the video all the time and dances to that song. this isnt the first person ive seen showing their young kids this...is it just me or is it too much to be showing to little kids or even letting them listen to it? am i just old fashioned? i was appalled at a video on FB i saw where someone had their young daughter dirty dancing to it. WTF i just needed to rant about it a little cuz if i put anything on FB about my anger towards it that would definately get some fights started...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilbit53009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

my 2 year old DS watches it...and dances to it...and knows the words to the song.

i dunno...i can understand why people might look at the video and think it's not appropriate. but i'm not so up tight. it doesn't bother me.  plus there's no nudity, there's no sex...they're just dancing funny. i wouldn't even call it sexy lol

BumbleBiasMum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never let my daughter watch the video. I like the song so she started saying I'm sexy and I know it....sooo  I had to correct her really quickly to "I'm pretty and I know it" so she sings it that way now, and we no longer listen to the song lol

nerdymom28
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I've never seen the video....what's so bad about it?

Sam.Marie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
To me the video is hilarious! Makes me laugh everytime! My boys listen to the song but that's about it. They've seen the video as well. They are 5 and 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM
They "wiggle wiggle wiggle" in gold speedos. That's the worst that I saw. I think it's funny.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakobsMommie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

its alot of thrusting their junk at the screen and stripping down to speedo's and its just in my mind a crude video...i know when i was a teenager i prolly would have thought it was funny but being a mom has kinda changed me and if i ever saw my son dancin like that we would have some words

Quoting nerdymom28:

BrittniMoyer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

i've never seen the video, sounds funny though, doesn't sound like anything worse than what you'd see at the beach.

sam_ann
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd watches it and dances to it, its her favorite song, she's 16 months, I don't see anything wrong with it I think its hilarious. She wiggles at the part where they sing" wiggle wiggle" lol its so funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

*crawls from her cave* I've never even heard that song. just the look of the band that sings it makes me assume I'll hate it.

lovenoahandjeff
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM
My 8 almost 9 year old nephew watches & dances along to the video :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)