Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Lawd! My DS & Naughty Words!?!! O_o

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 35 Replies

^^ This is the letter that Joey's (DS's) teacher made him write to me, regarding an incident at school today.

It says:

My friend Kaden talked about girls body parts in a song and I repeated it and got into trouble. I felt sad and cried and I felt bad that I cried and cried and cried. So when she made us make this note I realized what would God do? Then I prayed to God I was sorry. It made me so sad. I really hated myself. It made me angry. Now me and Kaden can't sit with eachother.

*SIGH*

Sooo.... DS hands me this note when he got home from school. :-/

I asked him what he said (half expecting that he MUST HAVE said "pussy" or something completely vulgar, NO?)

I mean: the teacher apparently gave him a good old tongue lashing for this horribly AWFUL word, seeing as how the poor kid "cried & cried & cried" RIGHT?

I mean, WHAT WORD could a 7 year old boy say that would warrant a teacher to discuss it in such length, that he writes the words "I hate myself" to his own mother?!?!?

Apparently.... That word is "BOOBS!"

YES, "boobs!"

Ok ok.... Save the jokes about how Robe's love for these female funbags somehow inadvertantly skipped down to my child...... I know, I know.... Such a councidence.... *snickers*

BUT, seriously.....

I do not understand (NOT EVEN AT A PRIVATE SCHOOL) how it is possibly acceptable that a teacher remove herself from the rest of the classroom (which she explained in HER letter to me) to tongue lash my child to the point of TEARS & (let's'not forget) HATING HIMSELF, all over the word "BOOBS"!?!

AND, to add insult..... My DS wasn't even the one who snuck that silly little word into the song! His friend Kaden did & Joey repeated it.....

*facepalm*

Am I being one of those annoying-ass moms whose kid (in her mind) never does anything wrong (even though he's a little shit-head)!?!?!

OR.... Is it fair to say that i'm allowed to be a bit put-off over a teacher making my son feel so awful over such a silly word?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Wow, that teacher is out of touch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I think that's ridiculous. I would be upset too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I don't think it's a big deal, at least he didn't say tits lol it's just boobs, apparently he made joey feel really bad over nothing ,ok maybe not nothing but it's not a bad word.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Teacher went overboard. It's not cool for him to say because it can (and did) catch like wildfire. However after she talked to them it should have stopped there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM
"BOOBS!" there I said it too...

Okay, all joking aside, I would be upset about it too. It's not like he said Something vulgar like pussy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
See! I thought so too.

I mean, I left out the "past" BS we've encountered w/ this teacher, because I didn't want biased opinions on this specific incident.

BUT, my DH (since parent/teacher conferences) has shared his dislike w/ me towards this teacher. *I* didn't catch it during the conference, but DH noticed how the teacher kept comparing Joey's intelligence to her own DS's (who is in the same class).

My DH kept saying how *I* would say something positive about Joey (seeing as how he's'in 2nd grade & reading at a 4th grade level) & SHE would follow it up w/ how HER DS is still the "best reader in class". I didn't catch it, because I think it's'natural for a mama to be proud of her child. However, at a P/T conference, the teacher should focus on that specific student. KWIM?

Anyways, DH seems to think the teacher dislikes (& "picks on") the little things Joey does, because his intelligence challenges her own son. :-/

I'm beginning to wonder if my DH is right about this! :(

Quoting CabinMommyNH:

Wow, that teacher is out of touch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Glad you agree! I was hoping it wasn't that i'm being overly-offended for no reason! :-/

Quoting manamott:

I think that's ridiculous. I would be upset too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Right? I mean.... He has used that word to describe things before:

"Mom! Kaylee pinched my boob!"

KWIM? Should I encourage him to use the medical term? BREASTS!?!? O_o

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

I don't think it's a big deal, at least he didn't say tits lol it's just boobs, apparently he made joey feel really bad over nothing ,ok maybe not nothing but it's not a bad word.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)