• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you decide to be a stay at home mom?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 48 Replies
Just wondering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahm_of_rj
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

My DH asked me to be one before we got married and had kids. His mom stayed home, he wanted his kids to get what he felt were the benefits of it.

katiecat87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I am actually on my last week of work before becoming a stay at home mom. I am a little scared. However the schedules my family has, I felt like I wasn't getting much time with my daughters then when I came home from work I was stressed and tired and taking it out on my hubby and my oldest and just feel it isn't worth it to do that. Plus other contributing factors from the job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I knew that if I had kids, I wanted to stay home with them. Then, one day, I fell in love with someone that shared the same beliefs. Badda-bing, badda-boom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
1. I hated the thought of leaving him
2. He eats so much- I don't have enough extra to pump for a 10hr day, let alone 40hrs a week..
3. The individual I worked with full time is no longer getting services from the company I worked for- so my job isn't there to go back to

Lol it all worked out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.

we we decided we didn't want him in daycare that first year because we didn't want him exposed to all the germs and miss his milestones. then a year came and went and my husband said he would prefer if i just stayed home with him until he could start preschool since we were financially able to. sure no problem. so that's what we are doing. 2 years left :)

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

in order for us to affored daycare for my two kids i would have to work a full time job..not worth it. i also want to homeschool

BV88
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
It's just what I've always been... Idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I didn't 'choose' to be a SAHM. I enjoy working outside the home. My mom or my MIL watches my kids when I am at work.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I was a nanny and the kids were headed off to preschool around the same time my SO landed a huge promotion. His mom was a sahm so it was important to him. It just worked out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kohlin91
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I just always wanted to a stay at home mom n we couldn't afford daycare cuz he the only one working then n now n we had nobody to watch her n we only have one car but I love being at home to interact with her n have been able to watch her grow so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)