Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural birth and g diapers

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok. So today I was thinking that I may be interested in a drug free birth. My last one was induced so I am not sure it is possible but I would live that experience. So I need some good info about that. Like maybe books to read. I know the hospital has a class but they don't talk about techniques of "dealing" with labor.

Now g diapers. I am Interested in their flushable ones. I am not ready to go full cloth soni thought this would be a good alternative. Anyone use them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I recommend looking into the Bradley method of childbirth. It really helped me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The Birth Partner <-- Great information. It is a must read.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/birth-partner-penny-simkin/1102822508?ean=9781558323575&itm=1&usri=the+birth+partner

Can you look into getting a Doula?

dlandrum
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was induced and had a natural delivery. Wasn't completely drug free...I did have 2 shots of Fetynal (not sure if that's spelled right)...they last about an hour, and the 2nd only lasted about 5min. Didn't take the pain away, but made it to where I could breath through the contractions again. And I waited until I absolutely needed something. During pushing I was completely drug free =)

I didn't take any classes. My doc recommended them just because this was my first child...but I talked with my mom, friends, everyone, and they all said the same thing....No matter what they teach you in a class (breathing or anything), you're going to do what you're going to do. Breathing techniques and everything seems to go out the window and you will do whatever it is that makes you comfortable and able to deal with labor.

jnttd
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You can absolutely do it. There are so many books on the subject and the Natural Birth and Parenting group on CM is helpful.
I cloth diaper but I've never had Gdiapers. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaOfThree789
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
LOVE LOVE LOVE gDiapers. SO easy and so adorable. Did them with my boys and have nothing bad to say :)
TexasWife
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Thank you. This sounds silly but a lot of this stuff is new to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberRobandJr
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my son naturally.. not by choice.. but it was actually amazing. The recovery time was like nothing conpared to women that have epis. And once he came out i kid you not it all stopped hurting. If we have another one i will do it natural again. But.. with that said.. every delivery is diff so if u end up needing the meds dont beat yourself up over it :)i that's why they are there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump to keep you up top!

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

there is a documentery called "the buisness of being born" i think that its a real eye opener. also take a bradly class before your next delivery. they are usually 12 weeks long. its for people who want a drug free birth

hannahsmom238
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my daughter naturally. I didn't like the Bradley method I know a lot of moms swear by it but honestly just moving around and walking during labor helped the most. It wasn't too bad untill I started feeling the "ring of fire". find something that works for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)