Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does money mean everything to kids??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

i got told today that because i wasnt finacially stable when i had my kids im not providing for them emotionally. this raised a question, do our kids really care about how much money we have?? do they really care if we can afford that toy they want. does it matter if they have to wait a few days to get the box of ritz they want?? do they really care?? personally i dont think so, i think they just want our love and affection.  wat about you

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffirsttimemommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
No it's not to my child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM
My sd is 17 it all she cares about but I never cared
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I don't think they even understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Hmm... I think that is a tough one. I don't think (depending on the age) that kids really even know enough about money to understand what it's about....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I think that financial stability = less stress = a happier home environment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinerdancer1988
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting JG86:

i give you that but do your kids care?? yeah my three year old cries about a toy or something but she really doesnt care about how much money we have she doesnt even understand

gooftroop070910
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM
My dh nephew does. He's a spoiled brat (yes i called him that!) He gets everything he wants. His parents are divorced and mom is remarried. He plays one against the other. For christmas few years ago he got a $350-400 coat just cause every had it, he was 8-9!!!!

My kids are happy. We don't have money to splurge on a new toy. There's no point buying em anyway because they don't play with them, they're happy playing with boxes, paper, or being outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM
My kids are too young to understand how money works. My 3 year old is estatic when 1 get him a $1 dollar hotwheels car at the grocery store when he's being good. Once he's older, I'm sure he'll get a better understanding about how it works.

Quoting tinerdancer1988:

Quoting JG86:

i give you that but do your kids care?? yeah my three year old cries about a toy or something but she really doesnt care about how much money we have she doesnt even understand

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tierneyschrader
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I don't think so. They need your presence, not presents imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah_Moore
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Not to my son. He could care less. Lol. Hes 5 and rarely asks for anything except to go see mawmaw and pawpaw, lol. He gets things bought for him though. During grocery shopping he gets his gruit snacks and fruit cups. Just regular shopping he gets a movie of scooby doo or a toy that is under $25.
But if we are out and he asks for something (very rare occasion) and i tell him we dnt have the money for it right now he just says ok and goes back to playing angry birds. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)