Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rude kids in stores

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 32 Replies

Have your kids ever told you that they hate you? like right out in a public place? Did you do anything about it? I saw a kid (about 8 or 9 years old) tell his mom that today in a grocery store. She did nothing about it and walked away. My daughters (ages 5 and 8) have never said they hate me or DH. If they did, they would get in trouble right way. Id take away any treats they picked out and they'd be grounded once we got home. And as I was growing up I never said anything like that to my parents for fear I'd get beaten.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
♥Im a hard working 29 year old Mama, Married to Eric (30 yrs old) for 7 years, we've been together for 12 years. We have 2 beautiful daughters together.♥
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2wardgirls
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I have never said that to my parents either. Idk how I would react
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM
My four year old says it frequently. I ignore it.
JMKristy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Never directly to me. I have heard my 11 yr old say to a friend "i hate my dad, hes such a jerk!" So I'm sure he has said the same about me... My younger son used to love saying "i wish I had a different mom!!" Every time he was mad. The first few times it stung, but I quickly realized he doesn't really mean it... Hopefully! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

My son has said it to me when he's mad

agrisham13mom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I have heard almost every single one of my nieces and nephews say it to their parents my kids haven't said it to me yet but when they get at the age where they might I would either respond by saying oh but I looooove you lol or just ignore it they are saying it out of anger and frustration at the time so then after emotions calmed I would talk to them when we got home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethansmommy1987
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM
My sister used to say it to our parents. They would call after her, but we loooooovvvee you. Lol. She would roll her eyes and stomp away. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Mine is only 9 months but judging by her personality so far I'm sure it will b something I hear often in the future. She is very stubborn and already throws temper tantrums so yay it's going to be a fun ride! Lol. But I don't think I'd put up with that. Of course if it's something that they say because something was taken away and they're angry and trying to get a rise out of the parent I can understand just ignoring it if that's what works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Hate is a feeling and even children are allowed to feel. My boys have said they've hated me before over silly things I wouldn't let them do or stuff I wouldn't give them. I just explained to them that hate is a very strong word and it is better to say, "I don't like you." They don't have to like me. I don't care. I'm their parent first before anything, and heck sometimes I didn't even like MY parents. lol. So yeah, when my kids say they "don't like me" I just tell them, "That's ok. You don't have to like me but you still have to do what I say because I'm the mom." They don't get in trouble for "not liking" me.

ladyraven16
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
This.

Quoting liz.1986:

Hate is a feeling and even children are allowed to feel. My boys have said they've hated me before over silly things I wouldn't let them do or stuff I wouldn't give them. I just explained to them that hate is a very strong word and it is better to say, "I don't like you." They don't have to like me. I don't care. I'm their parent first before anything, and heck sometimes I didn't even like MY parents. lol. So yeah, when my kids say they "don't like me" I just tell them, "That's ok. You don't have to like me but you still have to do what I say because I'm the mom." They don't get in trouble for "not liking" me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Ignoring it may be what works for the mom

Wouldn't want to be your friend for the way you judge a complete stranger!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)