Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

So like many of you out there im a stay at home mom. I have some "friends" but they are all party ppl...I was curious if there is any one in this group in Jacksonville FL...its going on a year that i have really actually hung out with anyone and am in desparate need of social interaction...i love talking online but being able to go get coffee or have a playdate with the little ones sound so much better then internet...im getting cabin fever!!! any suggestions

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM
You could go to the gym and join those classes, maybe meet some people. Or start a hobby. Talk to your neighbors. Take your kids to the park and meet the mommies of your kids friends idk. I'm in SC and friendlier online than in person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annette7931
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Ugggh! I know the feeling! But I'm on the other side of the country (Los Angeles, CA) :P. Have you looked into a mommy group?

JakobsMommie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

yeah im way more personable online as well and my son doesnt really have friends..hes only 11 months and the only babies hes been around is other family or friends i dont really wanna associate with..and at the moment i dont have a mode of transportation to make a habit out of the gym cuz i would so be on that if i could

JakobsMommie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

what do you mean a mommy group???

Quoting Annette7931:

Ugggh! I know the feeling! But I'm on the other side of the country (Los Angeles, CA) :P. Have you looked into a mommy group?

Mami2oneboy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Hi! I'm in huntington park!

Quoting Annette7931:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Is there a park nearby? Maybe you could walk him there, and both of you could sit and relax. Sometimes when people see someone in the same area regularly, they introduce themselves and start a friendship. Do any of your neighbors have babies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annette7931
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I found quite a few mommy groups for my area through meetup.com. The groups here usually require an annual fee (less than $20 in my area) and they put together lots of playdates. I liked it because it was usually a group of 4-5 moms so chances were i would hit it off with at least 1 of the ladies there, plus my daughter met lots of new kids :)

Quoting JakobsMommie:

what do you mean a mommy group???

Quoting Annette7931:

Annette7931
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yay! A local!!! I'm in Bellflower :)

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Quoting Annette7931:

JakobsMommie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

thanks i will go and check that out right now!!! never heard of it before 

Mami2oneboy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Cool! We're close!!! :)

Quoting Annette7931:

Yay! A local!!! I'm in Bellflower :)

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Quoting Annette7931:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)