Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transitioning to a toddler bed

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

My son is 20 months old and lately I've been debating on whether or not to switch him to a toddler bed. His crib is convertible so we would have to convert it to the toddler bed.

So when did some of you switch your child over to a toddler bed whether you went out and bought it or had a convertible crib? How easy/hard was it for your child to get used to it and how long did it take?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peekaboo528
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM
10 mo and he sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor. I have it in a corner with bed rail. He walks ans climbs so he gets in and out fine. He hated his crib I could never get him to sleep there.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydensmom4610
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Bump! I was just going to make a post about this! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM
My sons 16 months old. Were converting the crib this week. He keeps jumping out so this is safer. Were just waiting on the rail to be delivered.
meggera007
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Lol great minds think alike?

Quoting haydensmom4610:

Bump! I was just going to make a post about this! Lol

meggera007
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM

My son sleeps fine in his crib though and all night, so he's a good sleeper.

Rach0307
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I did around 20 months, and to be honest, I wish I had either done it earlier when the thrill of getting in and out would have worn off by 18 months, or waited until he calmed down a bit (like, closer to 3). It's been over a year now, and I still can't get him to go to sleep early enough, and that started with the toddler bed. If your lo is as restless and excitable as mine, I would suggest waiting, if for nothing else, for your sanity! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I waited until dd was 2.5 years. She slept great in her crib. She still sleeps in a crib at my parents house she is 3 yrs 2 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilStacy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM
We switched at one yr old aka a month ago!...she does great, she's fallen out few times but I have a pillow down lol she's a wild sleeper!

O ya she wakes up happy n can get out her bed by herself!...she usta wake up cryin n mad cuz she was confined!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Amy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Then I'd wait to be honest no need to grow them up to soon.

Quoting meggera007:

My son sleeps fine in his crib though and all night, so he's a good sleeper.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Soldier
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
My son is 21 mths and we just moved him from his crib to a twin size bed last week. To me, the toddler beds don't make much sense cause they are the same size as the crib, there's just not the risk of them climbing out of it and getting hurt, obviously. In my son's case, he just doesn't have enough room in the crib anymore, he would whine half the night from being so confined(he moves A LOT in his sleep). I just figured he'd end up falling off the toddler bed from lack of being able to move around, so a twin bed was the next logical step.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)