Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's the most expensive... *EDIT with a lil story*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 17 Replies

thing you have bought before & wish you never did?

My mom gave me $1000 to buy my DS anything he needed. Well he's had this bed for only 3yrs now but we had been moving a lot til now that we got our own place. Anyways, this bed is falling apart so DH & I decided we would buy all 3 boys brand new beds. We went to a family owned business where they sell imported furniture items & well we were looking at a twin/full bed that cost us $680. Then later that evening I went over to a friends house & she had just purchased a bunk bed for $300 at Wal-Mart online. I told DH that I wanted my money back & we'd buy that instead. Well I checked the reciept in the morning & it says All Final Sales & No Refunds! FML... DO YOU THINK I MESSED UP?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anabelle2301
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

That is a good question I'm kind of a conscious buyer so if i buy something expensive its for a pretty good reason weather its clothing electronics etc.

cillaluvsmali
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Ummmm jeez I can't think of anything....lemme think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della03
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Our old car......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilStacy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Prob hubby spending way too much on an xbox n mw3, let's jus say I was pissed!...but what's done is done, n he's the money maker n the fam lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
A Hyundai. DON'T do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Well it's not necessarily expensive but too cheap to last. Wish I would have bought something to last longer. Which is furniture for my kids rooms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bcollins108
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Getting my hair done at a sallon. Way to much money lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I bought a used car once for $10,000. Biggest POS ever. The engine crapped out a year later, and it would have cost me another $5,000 to replace it

I will never buy a used car again. I learned my lesson. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM
me personally... My phone cost me 400$ cuz I had to pay for an early upgrade so that I could get my old phone replaced after it broke and I didnt have insurance.
Most expensive thing I own though that I wish was never bought is my car, yes its been a very very good car after having it 6 years.. But my x is still paying on it. My 16,000 originally when bought would have cost 10k in interest(I wanted to kill my xh for taking the "deal")... Refinanced with better interest and it should have been paid years ago but he keeps taking loans out against it so now it wont be paid off for 2 more years... Longer if he takes another loan out against it. Fucker!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChloeDolce
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hmm I dont know. I do like nice things but if im going to spend alot on somthing I always really make sure I want it...and If i dont love it right away it goes back.  One thing maybe was my stroller when i had my oldest.  I didnt buy it...it was a gift from my mom and it was a Bugaboo and i hated it! It was so hard to close!!!!!!  Id be like in a parking lot with my trunk open for 10 minutes trying to open and close this thing.  I got used to it after a while but def not worth the hefty price tag! And now I dont even use it much because i have 2 little ones now and use my double stroller more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)