• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since I'm starting over I figured I'd ask...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
I got my tax check so I'm going to get the rest of the baby stuff I need.

I have carseat/stroller, pack n play, crib/mattress, changing table. A good bit of nb clothes, blankets, burp cloths, socks, baby bath thing and bath gift set and diaper bag and of course diapers.

I'm nursing so bottles are needed yet, and I'll be getting a breast pump.

I know I'm getting baby towels and washcloths and lap pads and diaper pail tomorrow. Going to order the cars crib bedding to match the boys room.

So does anyone else have any suggestions of things I might want/need in the first week or so?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.m.r.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Do you have any clothes that aren't nb? Just because when I had dd I had a lot of nb clothes. I brought almost all nb clothes to the hospital but she was over ten pounds and didn't fit in even the nb diapers. We had to go out and buy ones and df had to go home and get some bigger clothes. Just something to think about, unless you're pretty sure he'll be under ten lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Oh I have plenty of 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes too. I highly doubt he'll be over 8lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahm_of_rj
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I recommend a moby wrap, Thomas loves being worn. Do you have breast pads and lanolin and all that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrysCyn527_7310
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Do you have a boppy pillow? I loved it for nursing and we ended up needing it to keep the baby from laying flat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Absolutely a boppy! A life saver for me! Are you circing? Stuff to take care of that if you are..um... what aboutbstuf for you? Boob pads? Nipple cream?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_sam
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM

youve listed everything i can think of.........and im seeing some things im gonna want to get since i plan on nursing this baby for a little while.

CrysCyn527_7310
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Oh and I recommend lansinoh breast pads, lanolin, and storage bags. I also had the lansinoh manual pump. I liked it better than the electric one I had with DD1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
I have booby stuff, my neighbor has a Boppy if I really want it but I ended up not using it with the older ones. I also never cared to wear the babies. I bought something with my son thinking I needed it since I also had 2 toddlers but maybe used it twice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toadstoolmama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Aww you're nesting!

What about a swing? I loved my swing; it was a lifesaver!

What about nursing bras?

You must buy something for yourself too. Like maybe a mud mask or something to make you feel good and pretty!
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I have 2 swings. Lol. Need to give one to my parents. And I think I need to get some nursing bras tomorrow. Thanks. I'm saving "me" money to get nails done. :)

Quoting Toadstoolmama:

Aww you're nesting!

What about a swing? I loved my swing; it was a lifesaver!

What about nursing bras?

You must buy something for yourself too. Like maybe a mud mask or something to make you feel good and pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)