Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW. Just WOW.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was just on facebook and a friend of mine posted some lovely "Ol' Bullshit" as I like to call it. Now, I have friends of different opinions and backgrounds and upbringings so I'm not going to assume that every has the same set of beliefs or hell, even the same morals as I do. However...seeing shit like this realllllly rubs me the wrong way. *especially* when coming from a man who has always been pretty well-off and has never lived in a situation where it's plausible to ask for government assistance. :

This was written by a 21 year old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion: This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco, TX, November 18, 2010. ...Put me in charge . . . Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job. Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job. Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place. In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..” Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem. If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

<~ To this he added "A-FUCKING-MEN. People need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that government assistance is a damn shame. And a joke. Do away with it and maybe people will stop abusing it and get a job."  Thoughts, ladies??

/vent
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ridiculous ignorance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Too true. They obviously haven't tried to get a job in the last few years either.

Quoting beco8627:

Ridiculous ignorance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greeneyedme247
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM

PS: I do believe that recipients of government assistance life Welfare, TANF, Food Stamps, SNAP whatever you want to call it should be tested for ILLEGAL drugs. However the rest of it, to me is absolutely INSANE. I wish I could punch people who perpetuate the steretype and think this way. UGH.

TC00
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I've seen this several times and this is the first time I've seen it credited to a 21 yr old in texas
greeneyedme247
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

Too true. They obviously haven't tried to get a job in the last few years either.

Quoting beco8627:

Ridiculous ignorance

Yeah, he's been working at his dad's own company since we were all teenagers so no problem there :rolls eyes:

greeneyedme247
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting TC00:

I've seen this several times and this is the first time I've seen it credited to a 21 yr old in texas

Yeah it seemed like one of those "chain emails" type deal to me, but everyone believes what they read on the internet anyway right? Lol- sorry this just makes me so mad and I have to deflect with sarcasm and humor.

PhoenixsMommy10
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
That is insane, and such a violation of people's Constitutional rights........but I suppose they think the Constitution doesn't cover "poor" people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TC00
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Quoting Lavanda:

call me an ignorant asshole... but i agree.

You'll agree until you fall on hard times and then get upset if someone tells you to get fixed if you want help.

While I agree that we need welfare reform I don't agree with the stereotypical bullshit this article is going for n
greeneyedme247
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

That is insane, and such a violation of people's Constitutional rights........but I suppose they think the Constitution doesn't cover "poor" people.

Yeah and the funny thing is- is that people who think this way like to fall back on the documents that helped shape our government in the first place. "I have a right to free speech! I feel like the poor need to shape up and GET OVER IT."  <~~ This is a quote from some thread I came across a couple of days ago on citydata.com

So face-palmingly ignorant. If that's a word, that is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)