Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oily Hair HELP!!!!!!!!???!!!!!! please

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 37 Replies
So normally, my hair doesn't bother me, I ws it every day-every other day. No problems. I use Tresseme Shampoo and Cond (like a nickle size amount). Doesn't get oily unless I mess with it a bunch (DUH)

Well, apparently this pregnancy is making a mess of my hair, and for some reason, I can wash it. Let it air dry, and within an hour it looks like it hasn't been washed in a week!

I've tried using the "clarifying" shamp by tresseme, like I used to do when it would get nasty, no help!

I've tried using really cheap Suave/White Rain "daily clarifying" figuring usually, that stuff dries my hair out so bad, it should balance it.... NOPE!

I've stopped using conditioner but that just makes my hair nappy mess!

I need help!!!!!!! Advice ladies?!

Anyone? Please?! I hate having slimy hair!

*note, if it matters, my hair is fine, but I have a lot of it, and its kinda wavy/curly, hasn't been died in roughly 6 months, last cut in November*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaLub
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Try only washing two or three times a week. You are making it more oily by washing it too much. Try to get it to balance itself by washing less. Put it in a ponytail and wash every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydensmom4610
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I know this sounds strange...but try using Dawn or some other dish soap.
I had really oily hair when I was preggo and it was the ONLY thing that worked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayde08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Don't condition or only Do ends. Also u could try a shampoo from salon for oily hair but hard to find one that works. Sorry not much help been dealing with it all my life and still not found something that works so I just wash everyday sometimes twice day and skip conditioning unless really had. Leave in seems to Do better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nattiesmom10
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
My hairs always oily I have to wash everyday. I don't have a choice. Try the tresemme freshstart products they seem to help a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe put a little baby powder in it and brush it thru? it should help absorb the oil

TheBabyFactory4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I'm having oily issues too, if I wash it tonight (which I did) it's gonna be nasty during the day tomorrow. I just leave it up in a ponytail. Btw I use white rain. And my face gets soo oily, it feels like I dip my face in the fryer vat at dhs work. Lol and pimples galore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my3boys0710
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM
This Bout possibly coloring it I have to do that to mine to pull the oil out of my hair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
Same thing happened when I was pregnant. Washing it more strips your hair of the oil so your body makes more - vicious cycle. Wash only every other day or so and get a shampoo sulfate free. That's what strips your hair. Loreal makes one...everpure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
use a lil bit of baking soda mixed into ur shampoo i use it as clarifyer (sp)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM
When you condition put a small small amount on your crown and put thr most on the ends of your hair. Also try blowdrying it. If i let my hair air dry it starts looking greasy long before it does when I blowdry it immediately after showering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)