Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PET FISH OR PET TURTLE

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

MY SON IS 2 YEARS OLD, DO YOU THINK HE IS TO YOUNG TO GET A PET FISH OR TURTLE? 

by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Fish, turtles can be tough and carry nasty germs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KPNJ2009
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Fish I guess, but get him something that if and when it dies you can easily replace. the last thing you want is a heart broken kid.

brkr082005
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM
TURTLE! Get two and name em Romeo and Juliet =D.... Okay I would want that, but a fish is easier and safer germ wise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
later.tater
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Pet turtles are not allowed to be sold in my state lol.... so I say fish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy27
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I'd say a fish so if it dies you can buy another one and he's so young he won't even notice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarfox72
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
This! :)

Quoting roxy27:

I'd say a fish so if it dies you can buy another one and he's so young he won't even notice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumbeme06
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I say turtle... easier to maintain than a fish. No fish bowl to clean, no worrying about dropping the fish down the disposal (haha) plus they're so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeneneRose
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Ive heard that pet turtle carry lots of bateria and also slowly die from the inside Like they rot from under the shell. A fish would be a nice pet IMO. my son has 5 gold fish that he has had 3 1/2 years now. They truly are the original fish I bought!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckyls-mommy
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:36 PM

get a box turtle. they are super easy to take care of. i had mine for like six years befor my ex turned it loose to get back at me. red eared sliders are nice but they are a little more difficult to take care of. either way, they have more personality then a fish. no offense meant to the fish owners out there.

as for disease and bacteria, you can take them to a vet and have them cheked out. we took jericho every six months.

proudarmywife91
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Fishys are the way to go. I had them when I was little and loved them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)