Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tax question...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

I need some help..

i filed my taxes this year already, and gotten back my re-found. here is what i need help about..

i have two girls that i can clam, but this year it is my ex  husband turn to clam my oldest girl on his taxes. now i didn't clam her at all, but the tax lady put her on my taxes as a nondependent-not claiming child. she told me that i had to clam it that way because she lives with me. well i guess he tried to clam her as child living with him, and it kept kicking him off with red flags. so now he is pissed off at me for even putting her on my taxes at all. our divorce states that i can clam her one year and he clams her the next.. so did i do this wrong?? i shouldn't listen that the tax girl should i?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heavenly1462
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
I think he has to now do his on paper and send them in and explain what happend. You also could get audited I think. But I'm not totally sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeneneRose
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM
call the tax person who did your taxes. get all of your paper work for your taxes and explain to your ex that you didnt know that the tax lady said it had to be that way and maybe go with him with all your paper work to his tax person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysmomma124
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
He is wanting to take me to court. He dont belive me when i told him what it said. I really dont want to go to court for somthing like this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleO2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Hes supposed to claim her as a child not living with him atleast thats what I was told.. I also read it on the papers they had me fill out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysmomma124
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM

i seen that to.. so i was wondering since it is his turn to clam her this year. was i in the worng for letting that lady to that?

Quoting MichelleO2:

Hes supposed to claim her as a child not living with him atleast thats what I was told.. I also read it on the papers they had me fill out

m4m4j
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I dont know if I'm much help but I did this in 2008, it was the ex's turn to claim her but I did the non dependent thing and when we went to court over it Bc he couldn't claim her as a dependent they made it so that the next 2 years he would claim her to make up for my "screw-up". Whatever... It pissed me off but nothing I could really do about it at that point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysmomma124
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
It is so messed up... i hope that will not happon to me, but i showed the tax lady my devoirce papers, and that was how i was to clam her

Quoting m4m4j:

I dont know if I'm much help but I did this in 2008, it was the ex's turn to claim her but I did the non dependent thing and when we went to court over it Bc he couldn't claim her as a dependent they made it so that the next 2 years he would claim her to make up for my "screw-up". Whatever... It pissed me off but nothing I could really do about it at that point.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m4m4j
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Hoping for the best for u. If anything try to fight it, maybe you'll be luckier than I was. Tell them exactly what u did and that the tax person said u could. It makes no sense to me Bc when u claim like that ur not even putting the child's social so whatever.

Quoting lillysmomma124:

It is so messed up... i hope that will not happon to me, but i showed the tax lady my devoirce papers, and that was how i was to clam her

Quoting m4m4j:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)