Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am a single mom with a 9 month old baby girl. There is a man that I am getting to know who I am interested in. He has asked me out but I am nervous. How do I deal with a dating and having a child with someone else?  My baby's father is not a problem becasue is completely out of the picture. I am just not sure how dating works when you are a single mom. What do you think?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sam_ann
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

i started dating my bf when my daughter was 5 months old. My daughters father still sees her, it stresses me out a little because my ex didn't want anything to do with me until he found out I was dating someone and then he wanted to get back together with me. But I think since your baby's father isn't in the picture it might be easier, as long as you have good family support, my mom encouraged me to go out if she hadn't i wouldn't be with my wonderful bf now, and he is amazing with my daughter he loves her so much:) I wish you the best of luck mama 

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
My oldest dd was 6mos when I began dating my (now) dh. Her daddy was still in her life but we had been broken up for two months. My mom was really helpful, watching Lexie on nights when Luke and I wanted to go out.
Bascially it's all about balance. It's totally acceptable to go out and have fun, as long as you don't neglect the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! There's a single moms group on here where I think they can also give you advice on this:

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I don't know but good luck!  Take it slow!

donyabug
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:35 AM
My exh and I seperated when my ds was about 3 and divorced about a year later. I started dating my now ex fiancé about 2 months before the divorce was actually final (I know). We dated 2 1/2 years but just broke up a few days ago. As long as you are not placing the guy over your baby, and he is treats you right, I say go for it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)