Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm still having contractions... I dunno whats going on..

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
OK since yesterday around 5-6, I have been having regular contractions and they are not what you'd say painfully, but when I tighten up it pulls my chest and it hurts.. then I have a hot crampy feeling in my lower belly, not going away, and the contractions seem to have a lot of power behind them. Not yet at the point where I scream but I was woke up by one this morning. Sometimes they are a bit more painful and they are 5 min apart.
I didn't have any of this with my first.. not even false labor, and she was induced so I have no clue what I'm looking for. False labor? Beginning of labor?? Damn its the weekend and drs are closed.. I don't want to ride all the way to the hospital just to be sent home again..
What should I do? Or look for? I'm kinda hoping it is labor so I can just get it done and over with! Its not fun anymore :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM
How long does each contraction last? How far along are you? Are you able to walk, Talk and breathe through th contractions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clasater
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Probably in early labor. When your contractions Intensify and are about 3-5 minutes apart then you'll want to head in if your planning a hospital birth. good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bannannagirl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Sounds like real labor. How far along are you? Have you tried moving around to see if they go away? They say to go to the hospital if they are three to five minutes apart or your water breaks. I would call your on call doctor and see what they say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM
They last about 2 min each.. I'm 39 weeks, and my hips, pelvis and right between my legs have a sharp pain when I walked around the house this morning. I can walk but its limited.
I'm having one now and they are just uncomfortable so far..

Quoting Courtney610:

How long does each contraction last? How far along are you? Are you able to walk, Talk and breathe through th contractions?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bannannagirl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Wanted to add even just calling the on call doctor will also alert them to the fact that they may be delivering a baby today.

Quoting bannannagirl:

Sounds like real labor. How far along are you? Have you tried moving around to see if they go away? They say to go to the hospital if they are three to five minutes apart or your water breaks. I would call your on call doctor and see what they say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I don't think I have a Dr on call.. but ill call the office and see if they have any recordings. Thx :-)

Quoting bannannagirl:

Wanted to add even just calling the on call doctor will also alert them to the fact that they may be delivering a baby today.

Quoting bannannagirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You should call your OB'S office because they have on-call doctors, and one will call you back with their suggestion of hopsital or not. Considering they're just uncomfortable right now & not really stopping you, I'd say it's probably early signs of labor. I'd DEFINITELY call your doc though. Either way, it's nice to give them a heads up. Baby may be here today or tomorrow!

Goodluck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I just called, and I got in touch with the nurse on call and she said to watch them. She said if there is a significant increase in the intensity of the contractions, or my water breaks, then go to the er. I asked her if this could be false labor and she said if it were it should have already stopped by now so now I'm just waiting.. and counting.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

You should call your OB'S office because they have on-call doctors, and one will call you back with their suggestion of hopsital or not. Considering they're just uncomfortable right now & not really stopping you, I'd say it's probably early signs of labor. I'd DEFINITELY call your doc though. Either way, it's nice to give them a heads up. Baby may be here today or tomorrow!

Goodluck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)