Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid mil. *rant

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 30 Replies

Whenever we ask her to watch the girls for a little while to have some alone time she always gives the lamest excuses. Her number 1 excuse is she has a doc's appt. Yes, she gave us this one at about 7:30 one evening. O.o

One time she said she was too busy writing out bills. Umm...and that's going to take all day? Or you can't possibly watch them for an hour THEN write your bills?? How long does it take to write out bills???

Today she said she was doing laundry. Ok...well, you know...I have laundry to do, and dishes, and dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms the kitchen. Why don't I just pawn my kids off on someone who ISN'T busy with everyday life.

Makes me wonder how she handled her kids when they were all little. Oh wait...NM she threw them in daycare while she stayed home all day. All we want is an effing hour together. A freaking hour. I guess that's too much to ask.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Ugh. That would piss me off too. My parents act like that every now and then and then complain they don't see dd enough or that she had her first over night with someone else. Well don't make a HUGE deal out of it when I do ask....kwim?! Oy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Exactly. She's always saying, "I've been wanting to see them and spend time with them". Well...umm...quit saying you won't watch them. Simple solution.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Ugh. That would piss me off too. My parents act like that every now and then and then complain they don't see dd enough or that she had her first over night with someone else. Well don't make a HUGE deal out of it when I do ask....kwim?! Oy

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

starryeyez23
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate to be rude but they are YOUR kids, not your mother in laws. If she doesn't want to watch them, she doesn't have to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Really, I thought they were someone else's. We RARELY ask her to watch them. It's not like we ask her everyday. It wouldn't kill her to watch them especially when she complains she never sees them. 

Quoting starryeyez23:

I hate to be rude but they are YOUR kids, not your mother in laws. If she doesn't want to watch them, she doesn't have to.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Yup. Love my mom but when I ask her a week in advance and she doesn't tell me one way or another till the day before, yeah I'm gonna stop asking. I'd rather not have plans with my SO then have them and always cancel them.

Quoting sweettigeress:

Exactly. She's always saying, "I've been wanting to see them and spend time with them". Well...umm...quit saying you won't watch them. Simple solution.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
Exactly. I appreciate when my family or his can keep them,but I don't get mad if they don't.

Quoting starryeyez23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
Exactly like my mother... smdh.

Quoting sweettigeress:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I was just *waiting* for this one. Didnt take long.

Sits back and watches.

Quoting starryeyez23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Does your family complain they don't see your kids yet refuse to take them for an hour? My MIL sure does. She even says she'll watch them for us whenever we need her. Hmm...that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quoting mommythree0508:

Exactly. I appreciate when my family or his can keep them,but I don't get mad if they don't.

Quoting starryeyez23:

baquick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Oy. That would irritate me. Lisa like the friends (who have children or don't) who say "I haven't seen your LO in ages! We need to do a play date" but are always too busy when you call to schedule one. Even weeks in advance. -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)