Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do with him, please help!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son is 2.5. He has been potty trained since September of last year. He only wears pull ups at bedtime because he still has accidents at night time.

In December he had a set back but I figured it was all the excitement of the season. I retrained him by New Years and we were good to go.

Around the 2nd week of January he was pooping his pants. I started a sticker chart telling him every time he goes in the potty he gets a sticker. Then if he goes poopy all week in the potty he gets ice cream.

This hasn't helped at all. He poops his pants at least 2 times a day. He pees his pants. Each time he tells me I pooped my pants again or  Mommy I peed. I can ask him and ask him and he'll tell me he doesn't have to go. Then go a couple mins later. I've tried making him sit on the potty but he won't stay on it.

I'm at my wites end. I'm almost 2 months pregnant and I'm tired. I have been really sick. I don't know what else to do with him.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lenoxclan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

boys! lol I don't care what anyone says, they are HARDER to train.

With mine, I bought a whole slew of $ store toys, and kept them on top of the ice box. using the sticker system and the toys as the end of the week prize..

Seeing the toys every day seemed to help motivate:)

good luck momma!

yayay15
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
My oldest son was terrible. He's 6 and still (not very often) but still, streaks poop in his underwear. I potty trained him at 2 1/2 and he did well. Then he started constipating himself and streaking in his underwear. My dd was potty trained before 2 1/2. Doesnt have any accidents and my 6 year old peed his pants the other day. :/

I did what a PP said and got a ton of toys and treats as rewards. That has worked best for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLLove
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting lenoxclan:

boys! lol I don't care what anyone says, they are HARDER to train.

With mine, I bought a whole slew of $ store toys, and kept them on top of the ice box. using the sticker system and the toys as the end of the week prize..

Seeing the toys every day seemed to help motivate:)

good luck momma!

I know, boys are so much harder. I helpped potty train my siblings and my sisters were potty trained in a week and stayed that way.He gets super excited when he does go on the potty and gets a sticker. I used toys and candy last go around. I think I'll go pick some more up today :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)