Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you deserve to be called names...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

just because your opinion differs from others?

I ask this after following a post for a while now and can't understand why having an opinion on a topic makes you a moron, or a racist, or any other derogatory word you can think of to call another person.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikki32230
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I do deserve to be called names, ya know beautiful, crazy, fun, opinionated, funny, awesome.... Etc feel free to add lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I think being a racist makes you a racist. And being a moron makes you a moron. But I wouldn't call anyone either of those things because it doesn't further the conversation at all.

militarywife09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I HATE how people are ignorant because they don't do what someone else thinks is right.

I can't tell you how many times I've been called that cause I don't BFed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach

Is racist a derogatory word?

southernchick06
2 moms liked this
I find it crazy that ppl on here do that but bitch and complain about how kids bully each other. Hmm maybe its just me tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miathenajane
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I stop letting words effect me along time ago, that's why I have a sense of humor.

No one is perfect, its only human not to be perfect! If your perfect your a robot!

What's wrong in learning day by day, you can't know everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Pointing out misinformation is not bullying. Fyi... there's a big difference.

Quoting southernchick06:

I find it crazy that ppl on here do that but bitch and complain about how kids bully each other. Hmm maybe its just me tho

mama2wyatt212
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Agreed. However, they shouldn't be used to defend your position on a topic because you can think of nothing else to say, or just generally don't agree with a statement.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I think being a racist makes you a racist. And being a moron makes you a moron. But I wouldn't call anyone either of those things because it doesn't further the conversation at all.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you there. Personal attacks are unnecessary and do not add to the validity of an argument. That's why I don't use them.

Quoting mama2wyatt212:

Agreed. However, they shouldn't be used to defend your position on a topic because you can think of nothing else to say, or just generally don't agree with a statement.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

mama2wyatt212
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I think so if it's being used with no reasoning behind it, sheerly for a difference of opinion.

Quoting Gealach:

Is racist a derogatory word?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)