Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just fought with her for an hour or longer!!!!!!!!!!! I need a drink!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I finally got DD to eat something other than chicken nuggetts and fries!!!! And it only took over an hour!!!!!!!

I let her pick out her own food ( she picked spaghetti rings and meatballs ) and I helped her cook it. She was so excited about being such a big girl and helping momma cook.

When it finished cooking, I could see she was gonna fight it tooth and nail. She just got this look on her face like * aw hell naw i aint eatin that * and started CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her why she was crying and she said she didn't know! She kept looking at my mom and practicly begging her to go cook some nuggetts. She didn't do it......shocked the hell outta me.

So for an hour or longer, I just got to fight with a very pissed off 5 year old about her supper. She ate just a little over half of it, which I figured is pretty good for never having ate it before......even though pretty much the whole time I was making her eat it.......

God I need a drink......

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Lol.. get ya a drink mama! You need it! I know how it is bc my 4 yo is about the same way. I have to sit at every meal and make her eat...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

holy crap! i feel so lucky to have good eaters in my house :-/

Kimbkay
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Haha. I fought with my 6 yo dd tonight over her supper. For probably as long. She is stubborn but she forgets moms more stubborn. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

DD wouldn't be so bad about it if I could be a SAHM......but I have to work. My mom watches her for me while I work, and cause I work night shift, I'm not home alot at night to make sure she gets good food to eat. Mom has been cooking.....rather nuking......her some chicken nuggets and fries in the microwave for a long time now and she wouldn't eat anything else. Mom is lazy and won't get up the gumption ( or rather get up off her ass at night when I'm at work and NOT at home ) to actually cook her food instead of nuking it for a few minutes and then giving it to her.

With my mom.....if she doesn't have a gossip magazine or the phone glued to her head.........something isn't right.

I can honestly say I hate my mom with a passion and I can't wait for the day when I don't have to put up with her any more.

Quoting NiCo86:

NiCo86
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Then why are you? I would NEVER leave my child in the hands of somebody that I found incapable!!! There HAS to be child care options, or financial assitance if you can't afford it. Perhaps you can start cooking food on your days off that you have your mom heat up in the microwave when you are working. Like make lasagna, casseroles, stews or meat and beans, and have them in convenient little containers that she can just pop in the microwave!

I'm sorry you're in this situation. But if I were in this situation I'd be having a long talk with my mother!

Quoting maryjmom:

DD wouldn't be so bad about it if I could be a SAHM......but I have to work. My mom watches her for me while I work, and cause I work night shift, I'm not home alot at night to make sure she gets good food to eat. Mom has been cooking.....rather nuking......her some chicken nuggets and fries in the microwave for a long time now and she wouldn't eat anything else. Mom is lazy and won't get up the gumption ( or rather get up off her ass at night when I'm at work and NOT at home ) to actually cook her food instead of nuking it for a few minutes and then giving it to her.

With my mom.....if she doesn't have a gossip magazine or the phone glued to her head.........something isn't right.

I can honestly say I hate my mom with a passion and I can't wait for the day when I don't have to put up with her any more.

Quoting NiCo86:

mrsmizcell
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Wtg! Things take time, half a plate is awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsmizcell
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Since your momma likes to heat things up, pre make dinner before work and have her warm it up for your daughter.

Quoting maryjmom:

Quoting NiCo86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)