Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really? are you really serious? edit, with the rest of post that phone cut off

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 18 Replies
I asked df to do dishes today, I hate dishes, and I do everything else so why not. Well after cleaning the livingroom and doing a bunch of laundry I walk into kitchen and he's not even close to being done, so I asked what was taking soooo long, he got pissy and said well you just do them then, I said fine I do everything else so why not, hid response is” ha no you don't” ok that royally pissed me off cuz the only thing he does is make messes and take the garbage out occasionally. I clean I cook, I change 90% of the diapers, I take oldest to school, I shop, laundry, I make and pack his lunch, I make his coffee for work, when he's actually awake I cater to every one if his needs other than wiping his ass, and I'm sahm so I don't mind it, BUT don't fucking tell me I don't do anything, df has not cooked once since we have been together. I got all the rest of the dishes done, bottles washed and put away, counters scrubbed, floors swept and mopped, stove scrubbed in a quarter of the time. Then cooked dinner. Ok vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I would have just told him he was wasting more time and energy standing there moping than it would just to get them done and over with.. then if he told me to do them, I'd just tell him to continue - your doing a good enough job to me! Could have been faster but you'll learn!
Conversation OVER!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angi07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You asked him to do them.and he was......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellokittyy

i know how you feel.

id rather walk to canada than do dishes.

so anything we use we wash it right there and then. 

sissy852
This

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

I would have just told him he was wasting more time and energy standing there moping than it would just to get them done and over with.. then if he told me to do them, I'd just tell him to continue - your doing a good enough job to me! Could have been faster but you'll learn!

Conversation OVER!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

yup. i have this issue with our 10 year old. he bitches and moans about it ... but he's doing it. Whether it takes him 20 minutes or an hour, he's still doing it! The longer it takes him the less time has for free time!

Quoting angi07:

You asked him to do them.and he was......

gaminmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
My hubby wouldnt have even started them so you already have more than I ever got lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

If my husband was doing the dishes he could take as long as he wanted. I could care less if it took him 3 hours. Criticising a man doing house work is a good way to never get them to do it again.

bbykathy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Agreed

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Conversation OVER!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
This.

Quoting missbrinleysmom:

If my husband was doing the dishes he could take as long as he wanted. I could care less if it took him 3 hours. Criticising a man doing house work is a good way to never get them to do it again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
3 moms liked this

This makes me happy to have a dishwasher. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)