Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Liquifying food....**TMI** I need advise!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so my son (4) will be eating something, piece of candy, cheese, even dinner. And he will chew it until it is liquid and hold it in his mouth FOREVER! like seriously I think the longest was about 10 minutes! It is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life! I don't know why he does this or what his thought process is. Has anyone ever dealt with this or have any advise on how to get him to stop doing this? I'm ready to never feed him to get him to stop! (ok not really but still) I'm just so tired of this, it's even gotten to the point where he will start running around with it still in his mouth and his sister will bump him and it goes spewing everywhere! (I know I'm sorry!!!)

Please anything is better then this!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I'd watch his every chew. And keep reminding to swallow and show you he swallowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I was watching him chew tonight and he still managed to do it.......I was sitting right next to him. And when i told him to swallow he hated and wanted to spit it out so i allowed it and it was liquid.

But I will try to keep a better eye on it.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

I'd watch his every chew. And keep reminding to swallow and show you he swallowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Wow! He's determined isn't he?

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

I was watching him chew tonight and he still managed to do it.......I was sitting right next to him. And when i told him to swallow he hated and wanted to spit it out so i allowed it and it was liquid.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_3388
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
My dd used to do that. we had to monitor her while eating. She would hold it in there for hours if we didn't watch her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh, just thinking about holding food in my mouth that long kind of turns my stomach. I honestly don't know what to do... if you make him sit at the table for every bite, making sure he can't see tv or anything, would it help? Maybe then he would just want to hurry and swallow the food so he can go on with his day?

ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Yea! And its not like it was a new meal to him either its one that he likes but he fought me to even take a bite, and then made it liquid. Ugh I'm gonna beat a boy lol

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Wow! He's determined isn't he?

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Give him peanut butter, a big globbing mouth full of peanut butter! See how long he can chew and hold it then! Or powdered donuts! Lol! They will dry his mouth out SOOO bad he won't know what to do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandraberke
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Have u asked him Y he does it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)