Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want a tattoo........but what should I expect?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

I posted last night about me and my bff going to get her piercings done. She was gonna get her nipples done, but only if I got a tat or a piercing. I ALMOST got a tat......but I'm scared. I don't like not knowing what to expect.....and I've heard alot of horror stories about people that have caught shit from getting a tat done.

It seems a reputible place ( one of the guys that works there knows my bff and has for years and one of my old high school friends works there and he has 2 kids * one with cancer * and a baby on the way ) so I'm pretty sure they gonna keep it good and sanitized and clean.

Plus my bff is also a germaphobe and wouldn't have even set a toe inside that place had she even seen a speck of dirt or anything.

I just want to know what to expect when I go to get mine done....its about an inch long and an inch tall.....its the symbol for Capricorn.

Please tell me all about your tat experiences......

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gastromama2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
it feels like scratching a sunburn. its bearable and over before u know it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffirsttimemommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
It hurts. But worth it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenzismommy11
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM
all of mine have been pretty easy. the one on my foot hirt worse then my ribs! its all in where you get it, and your pain tolerance really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Depends were your going to put it. but with how small it is i wouldnt be scared, itll be fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seamonkey419
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I was nervous when I got mine but trust me when I say it isn't nearly as bad as you think it will be and if its something you really want it's worth the little bit of pain. I had no problems with any of mine, I just made sure to clean them really well. I love all my tattoos and they were totally worth it. 

bbykathy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I have three and it didn't really hurt all that much. The only one that was a little more painful was my foot. But it depends on where you get it. It also depends on your pain tolerance. Good luck hun and if you do get one post of pic!!

greeneyedme247
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I just got my first tattoo last July. I also was nervous, especially since I was getting one on the top of my foot.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would've been. It felt like mild burning cutting into my skin. Mine was a quote tattoo in black ink so it only took about 20 minutes. My eyes teared up a couple times on certain parts of my foot but it was bearable : ) My bff got one on her ribs and she said it was pretty painful, but the one on her calf didn't really hurt. If it's on bone or solid muscle it will hurt more than if it's on a more fleshy part of your body. Hope this helps!

maryjmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I'm just scared I'm going to catch something....lol

I want to get it done right below my hair line on the back of my neck. I want it to still be visible, but not where I have to show off half my body to someone if they want to see it. All I would have to do then is lift up my hair.

sreichelt26
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Yup. It usually hurts the worst where there's bone or thin skin. My foot and inner wrist were the worst.

Quoting saraface5383:

Depends were your going to put it. but with how small it is i wouldnt be scared, itll be fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShyJen
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

To me it was an irritating numbing feeling. It wasnt too painful. It depends on the spot and your pain tolerance. I can handle alot of pain. The tattoo on my upper back didnt hurt at all, the one on my ankle hurt alittle, the one on the side of my left calf hurt alot only because the artist kept going over the same spot. I will only go to a licensed professional in a clean shop. NEVER by a friend or dirty place. Im planning my 4th tattoo soon as soon as I get the money for it. Its going on my left ribs and its gonna hurt like a b*tch and im excited lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)