Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get her to Stop -

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
Acting and barking like a dog!! She's almost 5 years old and will put her bowl / plate in the floor and act like a dog..
First yeah it was cute but she has taken it so far!! Shell even play with her pop up tent and call it her dog house.. I love she has an imagination, but why can't she pretend to be a princess - or a quieter animal.. like a camelion or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
whatmynameagain
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Just laugh and hope its a phase. My sons four his sister 20 months they constantly meow and crawl around being cats. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NovaChick26
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

its completely normal, I wouldnt worry to much every kid has their thing they love to imagine to be and play. I would just have fun with her with it and not make it into a big deal , lol I think we all know if we make a big deal out of something the kids just want to do it twice as much ! I would maybe read her some books about all types of animals , teach her about other animals and have fun with it , its a phase it'll pass!

NiCo86
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM

LOL My little son went through this phase :) It was so cute! I had to get him to eat at the table too, but I just told him that he's a SPECIAL puppy and SPECIAL puppies get to get at the table like people!! And that really excited him LOL Harmless!

ProudMomma1022
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
My niece pretended that she was a dog and had flees. It passed. Lol it was funny though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I can see how it would be annoying. But she's got imagination. So thats good. The only part of that I would take issue with is her putting her plate on the floor. My kids know that i would go ballistic if they tried that. Make her sit at the table if that bothers you. If she won't do it, she can go hungry until she eats like a person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)