Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Nesting

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

How long after nesting did you start labor? I know that nesting is not an indicator that labor is close for some women. Other women it can mean that it's right around the corner. What about other symptoms while you nested? How long did it last, and how far along were you when it started?

As for me I'm currently 34 weeks and 6 days as of today. I started nesting at roughly 34 weeks and 0 days. For other symptoms I have been cramping slightly. Kind of like menstrual cramps. On top of that, the inner part of my thighs seem to get tender. Oh and I'm swollen in parts of my body I didn't know could get swollen LOL. 

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenGray
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM

BUMP!

claddison
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 6:51 AM

sorry no help but here's a BUMP.  i never got the chance to "nest"

cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I was "nesting" the entire time. At least that's what the family thought, my doctor called it OCD! Lol! Either way, I've never heard of it being an "indicator" of labor coming. Just that it "tends to happen at the end"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

I was "nesting" the entire time. At least that's what the family thought, my doctor called it OCD! Lol! Either way, I've never heard of it being an "indicator" of labor coming. Just that it "tends to happen at the end"

I've heard women say that it was their way of knowing that labor was going to start. I don't think it's an actuall indication of labor. But every pregnancy is different lol. 

Mother to Alexander. Edwyn is due in March/April <3

mjellis718
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I never nested. But I'm pretty OCD so things like cabinets and closets, the things you hear about women organizing, are always ready to go! I never had a crazy cleaning spree until after baby was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I did it closer to the end 37-41 weeks.It happened way more when I was overdue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN