Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ummm.. this is why accidents happen..

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 16 Replies
On my way to pick up ds from school I walk a long stretch of road. 40 mph and no sidewalks so basically the cars fly by there. Across the street a lady comes out from a house pushing a maybe one year old in a stroller. She stops right at the edge of the road and LEAVES THE STROLLER THERE! She goes back inside to get another older kid and he was screaming and whailing because I guess he didnt want to go. But omg the trucks and cars are just flying by the stroller! I was about to call the cops and chew this idiot out right there! She just walked out and grabbed the stroller and goes on her merry little way. Thats one.

On my way back in the intersection there were these two girls, couldnt be past 11 yr olds. They proceeded to cross the street on a red light. The school bus almost hit them and the driver beeped and they got scared but just laughed it off. As soon as it passed they tried to cross again and cars were comming! They were about to cross again and I told them "Hey dont cross on a red light a car is going to hit you!" just then another car beeped at them and the driver was signaling them to stop. And the little brats just rolled their eyes at me.

I know some accidents are just that, accidents. But in some cases I think they are preventable with common sense and being cautious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM
So scary! Kids need to learn the proper way to cross & no way would I leave my baby alone outside for any length of time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM
It would have taken everything in me not to wring those girl's necks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I swear people get dumber every day...thank goodness neither of those situations ended badly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3LuVs83
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I know!! Thank God they didnt!

Quoting beadingmom17:

I swear people get dumber every day...thank goodness neither of those situations ended badly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:46 PM
O.O
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AKluth
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

That is just crazy.. why could she get both kids out at the same time. OR why did she have to walk to stroller to the street?

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Sadly around here many of them are preventable. In my town there ISNT a lot of common sense going on. A lot of damn stupid.

But i do know some addicents happen though and i feel bad for those

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Very true

Makynzies_Mommy
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM

this is exactly what i was thinking! what is wrong with people. 

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

So scary! Kids need to learn the proper way to cross & no way would I leave my baby alone outside for any length of time!

Akira2012
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

holy shit.... pardon my language but if i was u i would have called 911 and told them what those girls were doing then wait until the cops came to pick them up then they can get some sense knocked into them while they wait for their parents to come and ground them for life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)