Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

okay i need a vent space/mama opinion!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 4 Replies
I live in Wisconsin k? Stay with me LOL! Scott walker our "governor" cut a crap load of money from the state budget most from education. That pissed me off first and foremost. I then found out they cut SPECIAL EDUCATION funding! My old school district which was a top 10 district now doesn't have special ed I have a developmentally delayed son he needs speech and developmental (coordination,simple instruction,behavioral) therapies he wont receive them unless he goes to a "special school" which is an HR away costs 5 grand per year and I have to move into that district to receive their services! He's only slightly behind but he's not able to be only in regular classes with other students. He needs the special ed! Would you be pissed or am I over reacting to the situation? The regular classes have 35-45 kids in the class on average because of the cuts! Am I nuts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RoxyJI
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM
You are not nuts. That is the unfortunate part...education is always the first to suffer cuts.
I hope your ds gets what he needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM
We pulled my dd and are homeschooling. They had upped the classes from 25 to 33 and it doesn't look like it'll get better. Maybe look into homeschooling? You can teach him at his level and speed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaehawk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM
No ur not crazy..do whatever u have to! They want to cut a bunch of funding for education in ks too :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CandiceDanielle
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:28 AM
You are definitely NOT overreacting! I'd be super pissed,that is ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)