• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your biggest weakness when you get sick??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 50 Replies

As in if you get sick what is the one thing that you just cant get over like you are just practically out for the count so I guess what I am really asking what is your akilies heel??

For me I can go through anything have a 103 fever no problem sick to my tummy no problem I'll get up and keep going like nothing is wrong. But when I get tonsilitis I'm down but that is because it usually equals double ear infections dizzyness and passing out sometimes even not being able to sit up. But thank got it doesnt  happen very often. I have enlarged tonsils all the time that need to be taken out but I have no medical so that is fail right now until I can pay to have it done though lol. Total fail sauce lol.

Oh and the only other thing is extreme tooth pain which I will ball like a big baby but I usually feel like I am going to die lol. Had this happen about two months ago and it was bad come to find out one of my tooths that had had work done on it before was extremely infected and my gum was infected it was really weird and really bad just happened randomly and I cried so bad I have to have an emergency tooth extraction thank god I found a great dentist that sent me to a great ortho although I think they were nice cuz I was paying out of pocket lol but it's all good lol.

So yeah that is me how about you ladies anything??

No judgement here no bashing anyone please and no being rude I will delete things if I have to thanks. :)

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoxyJI
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Kidney infections :(,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylenkodysmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Migraines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treaH
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM
This.

Quoting kylenkodysmom:

Migraines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapetitmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Ditto. Sections, toothaches, no problem. Kidney infection... down for the count.

Quoting RoxyJI:

MrsCorky
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Sinus infection. I always have one day that the sinus pressure is so bad I can't bend over cuz it feels like I'm gunna pass out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Depression. I can deal through any sickness, migraine, etc..but after I lost my mom is was hard to get out of bed. :/ depression sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Yep. I'm prone to them. And kidney stones.

Quoting lapetitmama:

Ditto. Sections, toothaches, no problem. Kidney infection... down for the count.

Quoting RoxyJI:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naiia
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That is bad really bad. I have had an upper uti it was in my kindeys and bladder and I didnt know I had it I just thought I was really sick was in bed for 4 days before ended up in the hospital with a 105 fever I couldnt talk and then was treated like I was some kind of skanky whore with ten hundred STDs and then found out I had that I wanted to punch the doctor in the face. I couldnt go outside for 3 weeks after that cuz the meds the put me on it was scary.

That really sucks a lot... Idk if you like blueberries but if you drink blueberry juice it would probably help just a suggestion it has really good "filters" in it way better than like cranberries and everything. Idk if you ever heard that but thought I would share.

Quoting RoxyJI:

norahsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I can handle vomit, bathroom issues, pain, blood, broken bones... But when I get a high fever I am out. I spiked 104.8 a few years ago and was talking to myself and just couldn't do a thing for myself. Dh had to be the one to let me know I was too sick and needed a doc because I had no idea. My normal temp is 97 or a little higher. Even a fever of 101 will lay be out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naiia
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

When I was in HS I had a 102 fever and a really bad ear and sinus infection and we were in the weight room and I ended up falling backwards while lifting some weights and scared the crap out of my teacher needless to say I didnt do anything the rest of the week lol.

So I know how that goes. I have no clue how to make them better either when they are really bad nothing helps except sleep.

Quoting MrsCorky:

Sinus infection. I always have one day that the sinus pressure is so bad I can't bend over cuz it feels like I'm gunna pass out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)