Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We just rescued this puppy & now... :( * PICTURES* in reply #12

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 21 Replies

DH is allergic to the puppy. We didn't know this cause 1. He never had a dog 2. She has always been out in the yard but he brought her inside the house & that's when it all began. & my mom was going to give us another puppy :( I'm so heart broken! 

in love                     american football    toddler boy   baby boy

Anthony + Fabiola =  Damian, Danny Manny, & Dillon Anthony :)

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Awww cant u leave the puppy outside in a fenced area w a dog house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

yes... that's where she's been staying but we just allowed her to stay in today for about an hour & this whole time Dh has been having allergic reactions. This is his puppy technacilly :(

Quoting Jenn8604:

PZRM
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! :( I'm thinkin bath for puppy to decrease extra fluff and dander. and allergy meds/prescription meds for hubby! :) Just thoughts..

Is she long haired/short haired? Big/small?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

She's a Lab mix (don't know with what yet) we still need to take her to Vet since we just got her. Long hair & she's real big for a puppy...

Quoting PZRM:

Oh no! :( I'm thinkin bath for puppy to decrease extra fluff and dander. and allergy meds/prescription meds for hubby! :) Just thoughts..

army_wifey_06
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Oh no :(

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Well bathe her, get him allergy meds, and only bring her in when its fridged and keep her in like the laundry room (or wherever w the door closed) and he should be fine and u can keep her. and maybe a hair cut for her during the summer so he can have his puppy.

Quoting I_luv_my_boys3:

yes... that's where she's been staying but we just allowed her to stay in today for about an hour & this whole time Dh has been having allergic reactions. This is his puppy technacilly :(

Quoting Jenn8604:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsKristinB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Oh no!

2babygurls.h.f
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Aww.. I'm sorry.
I have to get rid of my puppy BC she keeps chewing up diapers from the trash, the baby's clothes, and I'm scared she's gonna hurt the baby. So I gotta sell her :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Show us pics! lol. She sounds pretty! I've heard about some pretty big (120lb) labs. ;) lol. You might want to ask your vet for allergy reduction tips too. And maybe get a good dog brush?

Quoting I_luv_my_boys3:

She's a Lab mix (don't know with what yet) we still need to take her to Vet since we just got her. Long hair & she's real big for a puppy...

Quoting PZRM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My sisters hubby is allergic to cat and dog dander...but she loves her some animals. He takes an over the counter off brand allegery pill every morning which helps his allegeries tremendously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)