• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you really have it all?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am full time student, plus I work part-time. I am married and have a 5 year old daughter. I know that there are other ladies out there who do the same and more. My question is, how do you balance it all? Do you ever feel like you are needing to let something slide?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow you are busy. But I believe a person really can do it and have it all. It just takes dedication and time management.

kari_xO
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
It's tough but its possible to get through. I work full time (night shift) , take two online classes and have a 5 month old son plus a boyfriend that def helps but gets a bit childish at times . Idk how I do it but I get through my days somehow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I don't think a person can do it all well. Something is always going to be lacking. A human being can only do so much in a single day. When I worked my family paid the toll, when I tried to balance things better I was less valuable as an employee. I think we have to choose our priorities.

The only time I think a person can do it all is if it's only for a time. For instance, if a person has to work full time, go to school full time, and still parent. If you give up on sleep and just muscle through it, it's possible to make it if it's temporary. But if you maintain that kind of grueling schedule, you're only going to last so long.

RoxyJI
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Agreed!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I don't think a person can do it all well. Something is always going to be lacking. A human being can only do so much in a single day. When I worked my family paid the toll, when I tried to balance things better I was less valuable as an employee. I think we have to choose our priorities.

The only time I think a person can do it all is if it's only for a time. For instance, if a person has to work full time, go to school full time, and still parent. If you give up on sleep and just muscle through it, it's possible to make it if it's temporary. But if you maintain that kind of grueling schedule, you're only going to last so long.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I agree

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I think it is possible to do it all, tons of people have done it, and nothing is slacking.

Just have a tight schedule, is all I can think of.

H.E.Smama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM
i dont have quite as much going on as you but i do work full time at a job that Im desperately trying to advance in and Im a single mother. i was told that i need to go to school to really advance I've made the personal decision to not go to school because working 40+ hours a week takes me from my dd enough. i think having it all only works if your willing to sacrifice perfection at it all.. kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I kinda doubt that nothing is slacking though... it might look good from the outside, but that doesn't mean everything is perfect behind closed doors.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I think it is possible to do it all, tons of people have done it, and nothing is slacking.

Just have a tight schedule, is all I can think of.

beach_star
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yes, I think you are probably right. If you do try to do everything, there is not way to have everything be perfect. Kind of makes me sad though.

Quoting H.E.Smama:

i dont have quite as much going on as you but i do work full time at a job that Im desperately trying to advance in and Im a single mother. i was told that i need to go to school to really advance I've made the personal decision to not go to school because working 40+ hours a week takes me from my dd enough. i think having it all only works if your willing to sacrifice perfection at it all.. kwim?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)