Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skin issues

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so i have a few questions regarding skin problems. First off.. What do you ladies do to prevent acne? Like what products do you use and what's your routine? I can't seem to clear my acne :(
Second do any of you ladies have pimples inside your upper thighs like towards your private area? I always get pimples there and sometimes they take forever to go away. I'm not sure if they are pimple or boils. It's gross and painful. If you do get them do you know how to get rid of them or treat them?
And lastly I seem to have red "ingrown" hairs on my upper arms and legs. Most of them are flat and red and some are tiny little pimples. Ugh this all sounds so gross but yeah do any of you ladies have that?

I'd really love to clear up some of these issues. I probably should go to a dermatologist or something but I thought I'd ask you ladies for advice.

Thanks a bunch I hope I get some feed back :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_sam
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM

im pregnant...so im always breaking out. dont think its preventable for me. lol.

i get tinly little bumps on my upper arms that are the same color as my skin. kinda feels like goose bumps but i can squeeze what gunk out of it. not much but some.

i have bad skin issues. and to top it off i have a nervous habit of picking. and its near impossiable to stop. trust me ive tried.

AlliJadesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Yeah I have the same thing with the upper arms. I find my self always looking and squeezing the gunk out. It's gross Its a bad habit. I also have a bad habit with picking. I also can't leave a pimple alone I need to pop it because it being white is gross and I don't like it sitting there all gross. A bad habit I need to stop which is probably why I still break out. Blah! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlliJadesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Use proactiv
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlliJadesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM
I have proactiv but am not sure if I want to use it anymore because I have heard so many bad things about if you stop using it or if you skip on your routine that you will break out with really bad cystic acne which is kinda defeating the purpose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM
The small bumps sound like psoriasis. There are meds u can take to calm them down.
Have u tried topical Clindamycin? It should help. Pull your hair back out of your face when u sleep. I use dove for facial soap. U may want to try dial or something anribacterial. Or Proactive.
I'm not sure about the bumps downstairs. Do your thighs rub together and cause irritation? Tight pants may hold heat and moisture in and create a good breeding ground for bacteria. Use anribacterial soap. I think Neutrogena makes o body wash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.kids.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:47 AM
The pill helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:50 AM
I switched to the Oil Cleansing Method (you can Google it) and it's helped a lot. I also use coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I occasionally get the huge zits near or on my groin. I find that if I keep the hair trimmed down there it helps since there's not as much to trap sweat, fluids, and dirt. But I pop them. Can't help it...I have an obsession with popping zits :)

As far as ingrown hairs, I try to pluck the hair first. That'll usually pull out any solidified puss with it. Then I do warm compress and pop those too.

And I always put hydrogen peroxide on those after popping. Same for the groin area ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlliJadesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
It's not psoriasis because it's not itchy or a raise patch. I have had that before. As for down there I have big thighs soo they do tent to rub together. I will try the soap suggestion. Thanks!

Quoting JacksMom1221:

The small bumps sound like psoriasis. There are meds u can take to calm them down.

Have u tried topical Clindamycin? It should help. Pull your hair back out of your face when u sleep. I use dove for facial soap. U may want to try dial or something anribacterial. Or Proactive.

I'm not sure about the bumps downstairs. Do your thighs rub together and cause irritation? Tight pants may hold heat and moisture in and create a good breeding ground for bacteria. Use anribacterial soap. I think Neutrogena makes o body wash.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlliJadesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Where I get the pimples inside my upper thighs isn't where there is hair.

The ingrown hairs are pretty much all over my upper arms do I dont think I can pluck all that hair lol

Quoting sreichelt26:

I switched to the Oil Cleansing Method (you can Google it) and it's helped a lot. I also use coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I occasionally get the huge zits near or on my groin. I find that if I keep the hair trimmed down there it helps since there's not as much to trap sweat, fluids, and dirt. But I pop them. Can't help it...I have an obsession with popping zits :)

As far as ingrown hairs, I try to pluck the hair first. That'll usually pull out any solidified puss with it. Then I do warm compress and pop those too.

And I always put hydrogen peroxide on those after popping. Same for the groin area ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)