• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help.. two debates between dh and I *piog

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
#1. We just moved to Irving texas. And since we've been here(today is the second sunday) I havent went to church because I havent visited any churches over here by our apartment. So I told dh last night the kids and I were going to visit a church today and he got a lil irritated and said thats not the way youre suppose to do things. You dont just visit every church until you find the right one. And that it was silly that I felt like I needed to be in a church to praise god. Now how else do/did you find your church? We have no friends or family here.

#2. Our kids wake up at 7am here and he wants to make them go back and lay in there beds until he wakes up. But I dont feel like they should have too. Because I am always already awoke just still lying in bed with him. So I just get up, feed them, go to the bathroom, put on outside clothes, take the dogs outside, and then come back in to take a shower and wash the kids after I load the dishwasher. But he said I undermised(sp) him in front of our kids. Cause I said "its ok bay im up." When he tried to tell dd1(3.5 yrs old) to go lay back in her bed. But she was sick yesterday so when I heard her say she was hungry I jumped up lol. But do you think I did undermise him in front of her? Cause if i did I need to apologize because I was wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaleigh92805
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I think you have to visit churches to find out which one is best for your family. And no I think if your already up then there is no reason the kids should have to go back to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
For number one I have no idea. I don't go to church.

Number two if one of you is up and awake there is no reason for the baby to have to go back to bed. I don't think you undermined him. He needs to learn to pick his battles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydensmom4610
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with you on both debates.

You can't know it a church is going to be right for you unless you visit first.

And I don't see why the kids should have to lay in bed if you are already awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM
What she said :-)

Quoting haydensmom4610:

I agree with you on both debates.

You can't know it a church is going to be right for you unless you visit first.

And I don't see why the kids should have to lay in bed if you are already awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Your in the right for both.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I think it is totally normal to visit churches till you find the right one.

I can not even imagine telling my 3.5 to lay in bed after she wakes up...lol Once she is up the whole house is because well she is 3. If you are up then it is not that big of a deal.

MrsChairez
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
#1 I agree that you have to visit churches to find one you like. My parents visited several churches before placing membership.

#2 Unless the kids are getting up at like 5 or 6 am, I don't tell them to go back to bed. If you are already awake, I don't see a problem.

BTW, you live close by me. :) Irving is right down the street.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Really? Where are you? We're off park grove.

Quoting MrsChairez:

#1 I agree that you have to visit churches to find one you like. My parents visited several churches before placing membership.

#2 Unless the kids are getting up at like 5 or 6 am, I don't tell them to go back to bed. If you are already awake, I don't see a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsChairez
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I'm by Mountain View college. Loop 12/Illinois.

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

Quoting MrsChairez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Idk where that is lol

Quoting MrsChairez:

I'm by Mountain View college. Loop 12/Illinois.

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

Quoting MrsChairez:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)