Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 10 Replies
My ex thew a fit about me marrying DH and took me to court. He said that I didn't know him long enough to move in together (5 years as friends, a year of dating, etc). Well now the tables are turned. DD came home and told me that daddy has a girl over all the time who sleeps in his bed and kisses him all the time. Should I bring it up with him? I don't think its appropriate that hes leaving DD alone.with this girl while he works in PA (we live in VA), I don't even know her! Would I be better off voicing my concerns to ex or going through court again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberRobandJr
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
It's not illegal to date someone. I think youre better off just talking to him about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
You can get court order that he cannot have strange women staying over or babysitting ur child. My dad did it to my mom. The one good thing he ever did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
didn't say it was illegal, it doesn't bother me that he is dating. It bothers me that she is left alone with this gf while.hes States away.

Quoting AmberRobandJr:

It's not illegal to date someone. I think youre better off just talking to him about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I would mention the girl and ask that if she's going to care for DD that you get to meet her. I don't think it's a good idea to go to court again for it unless you think the girl could be a detriment to DD.

CandiceDanielle
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I'd bring it up with the courts. Men tend to just think you're jealous if you try discussing their gf with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I will try this first. I just am an overprotective mama who.wants to know what sort of people are around my girl. DD didn't say anything bad about her at least

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

I would mention the girl and ask that if she's going to care for DD that you get to meet her. I don't think it's a good idea to go to court again for it unless you think the girl could be a detriment to DD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I would talk to him and voice your concerns. If that doesn't work then court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I understand completely. I still haven't been introduced to my son's stepmother and it bothers me. I was thrilled that ex was dating because it meant he wasn't going to murder me in my sleep for doing the same, but I wanted to know the new woman in my son's life. Still nada (several years later) so it's just something I have to swallow, but if you can get him to deal with you rationally, that would probably help the situation a lot.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I will try this first. I just am an overprotective mama who.wants to know what sort of people are around my girl. DD didn't say anything bad about her at least

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

sweettigeress
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

This. You should be able to meet her to see if you want her taking care of your dd or not. I would take it up with him. And if he doesn't do what you want then you should get a court order saying he's not to leave your dd with strange women.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

NarutoSasukeSakuraKiba Hinata Shino  InoShikamaruChoji Neji   Lee  Tenten

coonsblessed
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I wouldn't want my children to be alone with someone I had never met and didn't trust.  I would talk to him first, tell him what your concerns are and ask to meet his new girl to see if it might be someone you would trust with your child.  If you end up having to take it to court, make sure you're not doing it out of spite because that won't help you. good luck. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)