• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: sahm_of_rj

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 39 Replies

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms (now including some of our very CafeMom staff members!) will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, sahm_of_rj, frequents the 20 Something Moms group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

My first DS (who is 3 now and very healthy) was born with Meconium Aspiration.  He had to be on the NICU for two weeks.  I had a very rough delivery, it ended in an emergency c-section and then they had to take my epidural right away because they couldn't get me to stop bleeding.  I had no other pain meds in my system when I got my feeling back because they took the epidural out in the OR.  I couldn't even stay awake and had doctors and nurses coming in trying to talk to me about the baby.  Finally I'd had enough and told them to get the pain pump off and get the cath out, I needed to see my baby.  That's when I knew I was a mom - I didn't care that it was going to hurt and that I couldn't even walk, I was determined to get to my baby!

From that moment on I was determined to do what was best for him at all times, no matter what the cost to me was. My mom encouraged me to give myself a break and take the easy way out on some things, but I didn't care. I struggled through pumping and making sure he got breastmilk (even when I went back into the hospital with pneumonia), he nursed for the first time at 10 days old and we were able to nurse for 10 months.  God gave me my tough start the first time around - he was colicy, went through medication withdrawls from being sedated, and was in general just a really tough baby.  Now we have a 2 month old DS and he has been a breeze compared to the first go around!

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I hang out in 20 Something Moms - but I'm going to be 30 in May, aaaah! :)

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I like the diversity, I get to see things from a lot of people's perspectives.  And in the event that I need help with something (like breastfeeding or potty training) there are guaranteed to be several moms who see it like I see it, have been there before, and want to help out.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

I like to scrapbook but I haven't even gotten started on the baby's scrapbook yet. I enjoy Facebook, reading the news online, playing the piano when I get a chance, and baking.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: I like historical romance.  Yup, go ahead and tease me, I'll still be sitting here reading the smut haha
Movie: The Lion King and Aladdin, I loved both long before I was a mom!
Song: I love anything I can sing along to! I mostly listen to country music, I love Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, and many others :)
Food: comfort food - mashed potatoes, fried chicken, corn, salad, other veggies
Place to travel to: We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and I've been dying to go back!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

I think Jennifer Garner. She seems so grounded and normal, like someone you can really sit and have a conversation with about potty training!

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

You're HUMAN! You're going to feel yucky some days, you're going to feel like you mess up a lot, but as long as you always focus on what's best for your baby you are going to be JUST FINE! Don't let anyone tell you how to do it - follow your instincts, ask for help from supportive people when necessary, but always do what you think is right!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Happy. :)

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to be a teacher.  I'm a SAHM now but I graduated with my degree in education in 2007 and I keep my state teaching certification current by taking CPE classes.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

My DH, I think I'd like to see what he does all day at work and I know for a fact I'd love for him to see "what I do all day" haha :)

Now answer her question for YOU:

How many children do you have and are you "done?"

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
H.E.Smama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM
yay!!!

and 1 and god yes, one is plenty for me!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

=D yay to sahm_of_rj!

we have two,and only want one more..that's it.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Oooh!!! Have you (sahm_of_rj) read the Outlander series? Smart smut!!!

I have one and would love to make it an even dozen, but I'd be satisfied with one or two more biological and then hopefully we can adopt/foster when they're a bit older.

momma_sam
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

i have my 20 month old and im 15 weeks along with this baby. we really think this might be the last baby. but u never know whats gonna happen years down the road.

lovenoahandjeff
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
We have one son & we're done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
We have 3 (2 girls and a boy) and we want 1 more. DH wants another boy, and I want a girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I have 3boys I'm 100% positive our family is now complete so this is it.

in love                     american football    toddler boy   baby boy

Anthony + Fabiola =  Damian, Danny Manny, & Dillon Anthony :)

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Yay!
We have 2 boys and would love 1 or 2 more. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistimcarlson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I have a 4 almost 5 year old, and a 9 week old. As of right now I am done but who knows, I may change my mind later on. I always said I was done after my oldest. lol

Maria_Peanut
by Aubrey'sMama on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Yay !

I just have Aubrey , no im not done :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)