• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Fever!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

DD had a fever on and off for a week or so. i took her to the hospital because i got really worried and they got pissy at me and told me to bring her in if her temp hits. 102.... are you kidding me??!! 102 seems too high! yesterday she had no fever and she was jumping around, walking and playing and talking away like no tomorrow.. today is a different story. i went to see if she was up. she was crying. i put my hands out to pick her up and she did the same but then dropped em as if she was too weak to hold her hands up. then she laid down and just laid there..didnt go to sleep or make noises. i hate this and i think the ER is a bunch of bull! her temp is 101.8 but i took that as soon as she woke up. called but they said 102 to bring her in. so i gave her meds and its starting to go down.. she stripped down to a diaper only, no skin to skin contact and trying to cool her off. anymore ideas? im about to cry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fonder
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM

a cool bath lots of fluids anything over 101 is a reason to go to the hospital. I work at an inpatient ward and any child with a temp over 101 is a reason to call the Peds doctor. just give her med regularly for a day and then stop and she if she maintains after day if not make a doctor's appointment.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Poor girl. Keep up with tepid baths maybe a popsicle and alternate tylenol/motrin. How old is she? I don't take my kids in for fevers of 102. (unless it goes on for days and they aren't acting normal...then I may do the ped...it usually ends up being an infection of some sort) I hope she feels better soon.
xx.felisha.xx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
she 1 yr old. i gave her some medicine and she was fine but im wondering for how long..

Quoting Mommy_Jenx3:

Poor girl. Keep up with tepid baths maybe a popsicle and alternate tylenol/motrin. How old is she? I don't take my kids in for fevers of 102. (unless it goes on for days and they aren't acting normal...then I may do the ped...it usually ends up being an infection of some sort) I hope she feels better soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
i called her pediatrician...still waiting back on a call. sometimes i wont get an answer for days! im looking into getting a different doctor!

Quoting Fonder:

a cool bath lots of fluids anything over 101 is a reason to go to the hospital. I work at an inpatient ward and any child with a temp over 101 is a reason to call the Peds doctor. just give her med regularly for a day and then stop and she if she maintains after day if not make a doctor's appointment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Over 101 is doctor time. But not time to go to the ER. Lukewarm baths, lightweight clothes, popscicles, and let her snuggle with mommy. She doesn't feel good! Mommy makes all things better. Make sure she's drinking a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
all she did was snuggle with my. my bf took care of dinner and cleaning and everything since she was in mommy mode. after a sippy cup of water and some light food in her tummy she feeling better. hope she stays feeling better. idk if its a bug but from holding her im not feeling so good.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Over 101 is doctor time. But not time to go to the ER. Lukewarm baths, lightweight clothes, popscicles, and let her snuggle with mommy. She doesn't feel good! Mommy makes all things better. Make sure she's drinking a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fonder
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I would certainly dump your doc if he doesn't respond in a timely manner. I'm always careful with fevers as prolonged expose to temps above 101 puts kids at risk for hearing loss rare but possible.

MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Feel better!

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

all she did was snuggle with my. my bf took care of dinner and cleaning and everything since she was in mommy mode. after a sippy cup of water and some light food in her tummy she feeling better. hope she stays feeling better. idk if its a bug but from holding her im not feeling so good.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM

i'm sorry i dont think a fever at 102 is er worthy. dd had a fever over 104 for 4 days and while we were in and out of the docs office they were not concerned and they wont be until its been 5 days or longer. this was multiple doctors that told me this not just one.

xx.felisha.xx
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM
how old is your DD?

Quoting ShireeCS:

i'm sorry i dont think a fever at 102 is er worthy. dd had a fever over 104 for 4 days and while we were in and out of the docs office they were not concerned and they wont be until its been 5 days or longer. this was multiple doctors that told me this not just one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)