• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venting before I hurt dh.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
I feel like I'm going crazy. My dh makes me so mad. He gets so much free time. Every chance he gets he's hunting or at the shooting range. He constantly puts us on the back burner. I get to sit at home with our child and when he is home all he wants to do is sleep. I've never met anyone who needs to sleep as much as he does. He can sleep for 12 hours and still sit there on the couch and nod off like he hasn't slept in days. If something happens and he is home and awake he's playing video games or catching up on his many shows he watches or he's on amazon looking at parts for his gun. My hair straightener broke about 2 weeks ago and he's been promising me he's gonna buy me one and still no hair straightener. He's gets whatever he wants when he wants it or needs it. Im so pissed and when I bring everything up he just smooths it over likes it's no big deal. I never get to go anywhere or do anything. His greedy ass spends all of the extra money on himself. I'm a stay at mom, but I feel like he punishes me because I stay home. Im ready to flip out on him. He acts like the wold revolves around him just because he goes to work. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bri2011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM
*hug*.. maybe u shld take a good ol fashion frying pan to his forehead :) j/k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be sorry everyone needs to vent at some point :)

Do you think you could find a gym with a kid's center in there? we have those here and they only charge about $2 a kid.

or maybe find a part time job to get away for a little bit and make some money for yourself..?

*hug*

aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM

i'm sorry :(

it sounds like it's time to reconsider your relationship. Sounds like he don't care about his family

ambermarie2006
1 mom liked this
I agree. He sounds selfish

Quoting aprilsalcro:

it sounds like it's time to reconsider your relationship. Sounds like he don't care about his family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
Quoting bri2011:

*hug*.. maybe u shld take a good ol fashion frying pan to his forehead :) j/k

. Lmao yea, maybe a cast iron skillet
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I would talk to him & tell him everything you just said.

If he isn't willing to change, you basically have 3 options. Deal with it, leave him, or get a job & keep your money separate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Quoting ambermarie2006:

. He is really selfish. Ever since he started hanging out with bil he's picked p on all of his bad habits.
sreichelt26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Major selfish. Do you not have access to the checking account? I'd give him some sort of ultimatum. Tell him that you're hurt and if he doesn't shape up, you'll (fill in the blank)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shanta21111
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I felt like that too at one point. Im going to school in july and my two older kids will be in school, so i will have more me time and it will be great. Just find something to do with ur time and make him give u half of ya'll leftover funds so u can do something. I've been a stay at home mom and im so over that. Lol i ready to work.
LadyJRB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Wow! I totally agree, that's just sorry only u know what's best for u n tha family! Good luck n hope things get better. I'd be pissed 2....

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)