Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy or Girl?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I feel bad when I can't tell when someone's kid is a boy or a girl.

Are you usually good about telling the difference?

I usually just pull the "aw, your BABY is so cute" instead of your little boy, or little girl is so cute. haha

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mjellis718
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
That's a safe answer! Most of the time I can tell but I worry that I will be wrong so I usually just say "how sweet" or something along those lines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DiedrelovesTim
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I am terrible if they are wearing neuterals. I usually just dont say anything or I say "awww how cute." or something along those lines. I feel terrible when I have called people's babies the wrong gender. MY BAD! Thats why I dress my sons in BOY clothes so there is no confusion! LOL

OBImomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I try to stay gender neutral. That way I don't hurt anyones feeling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

haha. I dress my girls in pink and people still confuse them for boys.

Quoting DiedrelovesTim:

I am terrible if they are wearing neuterals. I usually just dont say anything or I say "awww how cute." or something along those lines. I feel terrible when I have called people's babies the wrong gender. MY BAD! Thats why I dress my sons in BOY clothes so there is no confusion! LOL

H.E.Smama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM
my managers step son came in one day... he had super long hair that was braided and had colorful bands on the end plus his face was real feminine, ( o he was like 5-7) so i said something about beating the boys off with a stick. my manager got so offended! i felt bad but come on!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LRay121
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Tough one! I was with my mom when she did it a few weeks ago. She said "She is so beautiful! How old is she?" The mother said "actually he's a boy, and he's 3 months old" My moms comeback- "OH! Well he's just too pretty to be a boy!"' smh...

AmberRobandJr
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Lol i do the same exact thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Bahahaaaaa!!!!!

Quoting H.E.Smama:

my managers step son came in one day... he had super long hair that was braided and had colorful bands on the end plus his face was real feminine, ( o he was like 5-7) so i said something about beating the boys off with a stick. my manager got so offended! i felt bad but come on!!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

laughing

Quoting H.E.Smama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)