• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He didn't like our date!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
I took DS for our weekly date today. A local drum shop has a weekly "jam session" you get to play drums. The kids get to sing on a microphone. Sounds cool huh?

Nope DS who is 3 did not like it. He covered his ears and after a little while asked to go home. A few times. He did not like it.

He got a little better once he noticed a girl there he knows- but when I asked him after we left if he had fun. He said no. It's too loud!

I am sad! I really want him to have fun on our weekly mommy-son dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mjellis718
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
:( I would think that would be every little boys dream! Be as loud as you want! Maybe he will like it better when he's a little older?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
It made me sad that he didn't like our date! He said he wants to do a treasure hunt next weekend so I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

Quoting mjellis718:

:( I would think that would be every little boys dream! Be as loud as you want! Maybe he will like it better when he's a little older?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sherner
by Shire...Baggins on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM

You could make your own treasure hunt. And I agree, he might like it when hes a little older.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

It made me sad that he didn't like our date! He said he wants to do a treasure hunt next weekend so I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

Quoting mjellis718:

ciao_bella
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Aw lol my ds would have done the same... He has such sensitive ears!

When me and dd who is 4 our jammin in the car he's always yelling turn the music down!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Either do a scavenger hunt or find an interactive museum

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting mjellis718:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM
My kids would have hated it too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)