Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trigger finger

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
Man did I have it bad, BUT now it's gone. I shot my .380 first and then got my hands on dh's 9mm boy I'm in love with that gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Fun! I went through 500 rounds my first day on a range. It's addicting!

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I sooo bad wanna go to the range with my dad, but I can't overcome my extreme fear of guns ( from experiences in my past)
:\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I went shooting yesterday.

I have a Taurus .22 (it's stainless and pink..it's cute, lol), a Smith and Wesson 9mm, and a KelTech .380.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Aw! I'm sorry doll! I had to work through that a couple years ago. I hope you can do it if it's something you really enjoy.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

I sooo bad wanna go to the range with my dad, but I can't overcome my extreme fear of guns ( from experiences in my past)

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I'm sure it would be fun. Maybe one day I will just say the hell with it and just go! Lol

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Aw! I'm sorry doll! I had to work through that a couple years ago. I hope you can do it if it's something you really enjoy.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I love my 9mm Taurus. Was hoping to go shoot today but have been fighting a headache all day.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

If you have a couple hours and some extra cash, you might want to ask around your local range for someone who can give you a private "lesson". If you explain that you have negative history with firearms but really want to overcome your anxiety, someone who is calm and extremely comfortable with handguns might be able to help you. That's what I was going to do if I couldn't fight through it on my own - every time I tried to go shooting with DH I would get hit with intense panic attacks and flashbacks, so it took going to the range without him to get past it all. (He had nothing to do with what happened originally, but for some reason I couldn't get past it with him around.)

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

I'm sure it would be fun. Maybe one day I will just say the hell with it and just go! Lol

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

cowboysgirl2810
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM
We went shooting his after noon. A few diff 45's. Our 9mm, couple of shot guns (12g is my fave! ;) ) a .38 I may be buyin, FILs 1911, and 30/30. Plus we got to shoot our newest 7mag for the first time! I'm pooped! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
My dad is really good with guns. He has taught my oldest about guns and safety...the whole thing. He has nothing to do with my fear either. Its mainly because I have lost so many friends to gun violence and suicide so its portrayed as a negative thing in my mind. I'm sure if I go and just do it, I will get the fear out of me. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

If you have a couple hours and some extra cash, you might want to ask around your local range for someone who can give you a private "lesson". If you explain that you have negative history with firearms but really want to overcome your anxiety, someone who is calm and extremely comfortable with handguns might be able to help you. That's what I was going to do if I couldn't fight through it on my own - every time I tried to go shooting with DH I would get hit with intense panic attacks and flashbacks, so it took going to the range without him to get past it all. (He had nothing to do with what happened originally, but for some reason I couldn't get past it with him around.)

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
We own a .380, .9mm, .44 mag, .45 acp. .410 12 gauge 20 gauge,
.22mag, .223 rem, 30-30 ,8mm .257 roberts.

Thats just what I'm sure of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)